Thread: GTA 5 Train Simulator Mod

Default GTA 5 Train Simulator Mod

I just ran across Grand Theft Auto (GTA) Train Simulator. I don't own any of those games but I guess if I did I would have to be in the Train Sm Mod. Some of the videos on YouTube looked interesting. Does anybody here have feedback on the Train Sim in this game? I have seen high speed rail as well as a couple of freight trains. The route in a game with a BNSF, looks like it was in California, looked pretty nice. It also had interesting weather changes with some of the best lightning effects I've seen in a Train Sim. Any feedback from those who may own the game or know about it?

Thanks
    Derick

I own and have played GTA V - several times! "Los Santos" is a cut down version of Los Angeles with the surrounding area a microcosm (sorry for dictionary pie) of Southern California. The railroad implementation is much better than in previous GTA games, I believe there is also a mod to drive the LRV tram-trains too. Unfortunately last time I played, I was too busy being Trevor (voiced by the excellent Steven Ogg, also seen in The Walking Dead) blowing heads off to pay too much attention, though there are a couple of missions which require you to drive the freight train. If you time it right, during free play i.e. not on a mission you can jump a passing freight and ride it around the circuit, which takes quite a while.
    Vern.

Thanks Vern.

Wonder if in the new Red Dead Redemption you can ride those steam trains as well as you can rob them?

Moved to General, its not MSTS related.....
    Dave Edwards