Thread: Lack of Load.ace in some routes.

Default Lack of Load.ace in some routes.

I have some routes that don't have a load.ace file and they work all right, while others have to have a load.ace to run.
    Can anyone explain how this can be? The .trk files call for load.ace in all of them.
    Also some ace files (pictures) are bigger than others but all work OK.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Glenn

Most likely all your routes have a file called 'load.ace', it's just that they might be a generic image of the load screen or something

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Most likely all your routes have a file called 'load.ace', it's just that they might be a generic image of the load screen or something
    This really doesn't answer my question.
    Why will some routes run with no load.ace file while others require a load.ace file?

Also some routes have .ace files used in the loading screen that are different sizes. I have some 800x600 and others 256x256. Both routes work OK.
    What really is the story on these different load.ace files?

Thanks again for any help.
    Glenn

Most of us have moved beyond gameplay in MSTS and are now using ORTS...

Check one of your routes which you say doesn't require a LOAD.ACE and look in that route's TRK file.

My guess is you will not see a line "LoadingScreen(load.ace)" on those routes.
    Last edited by eolesen; 12-03-2018 at 01:14 PM.

I finally got around to looking at the route that I was talking about. It is "VSL1"which is a short route not copying any real route. The .TRK file calls for LoadScreen(load.ace) but there is no .ACE file with that name .

It is not real important that I find out why this happens, it just got me wondering about it. I have another route that won't run without the LOAD.ACE file. Strange,so I asked the question.
    Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Glenn