Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: new UK route announced, BR Blue 1980s Manchester - Leeds.

I was slightly wrong about not catching up the DMU. From Dewsbury into Leeds the train I was travelling on was getting stopped by signals. However it must have still gone like a bat out of hell to get that far ahead.

Also there needs to be a way to speed up time - the loco hauled service in each direction is only hourly (according to the pdf timetable for the route I found) with the stopping service at irregular intervals. No one is really want to spend 35 mins real time festering at Leeds or Manchester before grabbing the next available service to drive or travel on.
    Vern.

I'm really enjoying this new package for TSW, however the lack of road traffic detracts a little from the overall effect, as does the rapid acceleration by AI trains.
    I would like, too, if AI workings would sound their horns prior to departure from Platforms...

has a "free roam" option been implemented yet on the new UK route?

Nope, only if you want to go walkies.
    Yma O Hyd

Even then you cannot hop the fences, climb a ladder or enter any building.
    You can fall through the Earth though, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Even then you cannot hop the fences, climb a ladder or enter any building.
    You can fall through the Earth though, LOL
    I tried to get out the front of Huddersfield station to see if I could recreate some views from when I was there in September, they have modelled the impressive frontage of the station but I could only peer at it through a fence.

I went for a ride as a passenger on the 0714 stopping DMU from Manchester to Leeds and discovered that the AI passengers apparently can't see you after having two sit on my lap, or materialise around me as they are beamed straight from the door to their seats. Those heritage DMUs are also a heck of a lot quieter to ride in than the couple of ones I have ridden on heritage lines and they were just plodding along at 25mph. Also, was it BR policy back in 1983 not to have coach lights on in tunnels?

There is a lot of potential with TSW if it could be done a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by alvinkathage View Post
    ....There is a lot of potential with TSW if it could be done a bit better.
    That reads like the classic end-of-year school report, Alvin.....

"Can do better".

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I tried to get out the front of Huddersfield station to see if I could recreate some views from when I was there in September, they have modelled the impressive frontage of the station but I could only peer at it through a fence.

Also, was it BR policy back in 1983 not to have coach lights on in tunnels?
    It's been a major gripe of mine to get DTG to relax some of these restricted walking areas and I commented on that in the recent survey. I don't mind them stopping us from falling into rivers and canals, and jumping off bridges and viaducts, but, not to be able to walk around the outside of railway stations, after they have painstakingly taken so much effort into building them to a high standard in the first place, is quite frankly ridiculous, and it is across every route that they have released so far, absolutely bizarre.

I was under the impression that coach lights could be turned on from the driver's cab, or, the guard's compartment, is that not the case??

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    It's been a major gripe of mine to get DTG to relax some of these restricted walking areas and I commented on that in the recent survey. I don't mind them stopping us from falling into rivers and canals, and jumping off bridges and viaducts, but, not to be able to walk around the outside of railway stations, after they have painstakingly taken so much effort into building them to a high standard in the first place, is quite frankly ridiculous, and it is across every route that they have released so far, absolutely bizarre.

I was under the impression that coach lights could be turned on from the driver's cab, or, the guard's compartment, is that not the case??

Cheerz. Steve.
    To be honest I didn't think to try that. If I'm a passenger and the train is being driven in AI mode why should I have to?

Passengers aren't allowed to wander around outside the station but can pop into the driver's cab and start flicking switches. DTG have some funny ideas about what people can do on the railway.

To be honest I didn't think to try that. If I'm a passenger and the train is being driven in AI mode why should I have to?
    They shouldn't, Alvin, sorry, I thought you were driving, rather than being a passenger, or, AI, if that is the case then the interior lights should have already been switched on for you, there are a few tunnels on the route so even if it's mid-day you stiill need lights on, if that isn't the case, then, it sounds as though DTG have dropped another clanger in their scenario scripting.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.