Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: new UK route announced, BR Blue 1980s Manchester - Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by alvinkathage View Post
    DTG have some funny ideas about what people can do on the railway.
    Exactly! I dislike the idea of hunting for collectibles while trespassing on a live railroad and have filed a complaint as such with the CSX police dept when CSX:HH came out. Never heard back from them, apparently computer games are no priority with that department. The marketing department is probably more interested in protecting the public image of the railroad.

To me, this shows that DTG isn't serious about the rail transport simulation part at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    It's been a major gripe of mine to get DTG to relax some of these restricted walking areas and I commented on that in the recent survey. I don't mind them stopping us from falling into rivers and canals, and jumping off bridges and viaducts, but, not to be able to walk around the outside of railway stations, after they have painstakingly taken so much effort into building them to a high standard in the first place, is quite frankly ridiculous, and it is across every route that they have released so far, absolutely bizarre.

I was under the impression that coach lights could be turned on from the driver's cab, or, the guard's compartment, is that not the case??

Cheerz. Steve.
    You can turn the lights on (and off) using the key that's already inserted in the carriage lighting switches on the loco-hauled Mark 2s, at least.

Just rode a dmu service from Leeds - Manchester as second man, big bald driver.

Stayed with the same service at Manchester to return to Leeds.

Train departed with me in the second man's seat again at the other end of the 4 car 101.

But with no driver in the drivers seat.

Apart from that and too much lineside greenery.

I am really into this route and TSW. I like being able to just ride the services.

Which is one of the reasons i stuck with Trainz for so long.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tarling View Post
    You can turn the lights on (and off) using the key that's already inserted in the carriage lighting switches on the loco-hauled Mark 2s, at least.
    Oh right, thanks for that Robert. I need to find the one for the DMU as well, but, it's Xmas Eve and I haven't got much time to play, it might have to wait until later in the week.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tarling View Post
    "Passengers who are scared of the dark may switch the carriage lights on using the key provided."

Our old slam door suburban stock here in Brisbane had the light switches outside on the end of the car and during daylight they would be switched on by station staff at before passing through the city tunnels, of course school kids would sit in the end seat, reach through the open window around the end of the car and switch the lights off again in the middle of the tunnel.

Is it me or are the nights on this route really dark? Not just in the open country where you would expect only a little ambient light from the moon etc. but there seems to be little light in the towns and cities. Running into Manchester ~1940 the whole city centre appeared to be in darkness, other than the station itself. This is the third largest city in the UK and should be positively glowing with lights - the haze of light pollution should be coming into view as you start your descent towards Stalybridge.

Certainly something for DTG to consider going forward.
    Vern.

1974 Vern, 3 day week and power blackouts.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ......Running into Manchester ~1940 the whole city centre appeared to be in darkness,.....
    Well, of course it was, Vern: in 1940 there would have been the blackout!!

(Mike would remember it well!)
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Well, of course it was, Vern: in 1940 there would have been the blackout!!

(Mike would remember it well!)
    Ya cheeky monkey, but you are right Bruce.

Mike.