Thread: My thought ,s honoring veterans ideas and UP 4141.

Default My thought ,s honoring veterans ideas and UP 4141.

I got to thinking how cool it would be to see the UP 1943 and UP 4141 in run 8. If and when run 8 haves any plans to do them maybe put them together in a pack. Due to the union pacific going to be running the Presidential funeral train of the former President of the United States this week. Witch is a historical event for many people because not too many Presidents have something such as this for part of there funeral. Also far as I know this is the first for the new generation from the 80,s up till present. I Also think the UP 1943 would be a great way to honor are vets of the USA. I also believe it would be great for run 8 to also honor the vets as well and showing there support of our past and present troops as well. I know there is a few veterans that work for run 8 crew also. This is just my 2 cents anyways. Not sure if they may or may not like this idea or not.

That is something more in line with what people provide for MSTS, Open Rails or TS20XX.
    I think the Run8 crew should stick with what runs on their routes on an everyday basis.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    That is something more in line with what people provide for MSTS, Open Rails or TS20XX.
    I think the Run8 crew should stick with what runs on their routes on an everyday basis.
    You're entitled to your own opinion and that is fine. But you are talking about MSTS and open rails witch got nothing to do with run 8. It is like trying to compare apples to oranges. That is 2 different things. Also UP 4141 is on UP rails and so is the 1943. I would guess that once the UP 1943 comes off from pulling union pacific special passenger trains that it will go into regular freight train service.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    If I tick ATSF and SD45-2 in the motive power selection for AI trains every second train I meet has two or three bicentennial units in the consist when Santa Fe only had five that only appeared together in the one place once and were all repainted by 1978 (not to mention them having totally incorrect road numbers), and also not to mention SD45-2s in the original blue book end scheme that don't really fit even the wide ranging era (1980s-present? going by scenic and infrastructure details) Run8 is set in. So it hasn't bothered them that much.

Quote Originally Posted by EMDT4 View Post
    You're entitled to your own opinion and that is fine. ....
    Thank you - I'm glad.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

My "entitled" opinion, they have enough on their plate.

I could get in the politics of the former president, military, etc, but I'll refrain

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by EMDT4 View Post
    You're entitled to your own opinion and that is fine. But you are talking about MSTS and open rails witch got nothing to do with run 8. It is like trying to compare apples to oranges. That is 2 different things. Also UP 4141 is on UP rails and so is the 1943. I would guess that once the UP 1943 comes off from pulling union pacific special passenger trains that it will go into regular freight train service.
    Uh, the 1943 already sees regular use in freight service, as do all of UP's modern-state commemorative painted locomotives.

Regardless, I thought Run8 was about running trains, not sitting and watching nifty painted trains run by you. I'd say leave well enough alone.

Another thing Run8 does is have randomly generated engine numbers for each unit. Not sure how that would work but I imagine is doable if they want it bad enough.

Come to think of it though I'm not sure what they did with the heritage unit thing if that was an add on or not?? Seeing it spawn in randomly so much seems overkill on any route, but you always have the option of turning it off I guess.

Thanks

Sean
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 12-05-2018 at 02:03 PM. Reason: heritage unit??