Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having Issue Getting 64bit Version Running

Default Having Issue Getting 64bit Version Running

Hi, new so probably doing something wrong.... have installed TS2018 on my work laptop, its a new surface book so hopefully can handle it. Been playing the 32bit version and wanted to try 64bit but its not loading.

I tried launching from Steam and selecting run the 64bit game but it doesnt do anything after I get a preparing to launch little black box, with the 32bit version this box is followed immediately by a small game icon and it then starts the loading screens. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I also tried clicking on an application file Railworks64 but nothing happens

Moved to RW... Not MSTS
    Dave Edwards

Right click 64x exe and choose run as admin.

Also is the version of Windows on your laptop 64bit ?
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Also you need to start Steam first, TS2019 64bit won't auto launch it.
    Vern.

Ironically I am starting to get a similar problem, after upgrading my graphics card and buying a new 4K monitor. Set the screen resolution in TS 64 bit to 3840 x 2160 and was prompted to restart. Did this and game attempted to launch as 32 bit, skipping between a faded out splash screen and desktop before popping up a vertex error message. Locked up the PC and desktop as I couldn't select anything in Ctrl-Alt-Del and had to do a hard reboot. I then started Steam and clicked TS 64 bit - same thing happened with the little black box, an attempt to load the splash screen then lock up.

Looks as if TS is broken if trying to run at a high resolution. All the graphic drivers are up to date - having installed with the new video card today.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ....Looks as if TS is broken if trying to run at a high resolution.....
    I feel that you meant to say ultra-high resolution (or ultra-high definition), Vern.

The game runs fine in HD.

(What you are experiencing is exactly the reason I stay one step behind the latest hardware. I've had this habit ever since becoming professionally involved in the games and computer business in 1994).
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Yes I always get UHD and HD mixed up... (Even though we keep up with the latest TV tech).

Run 8 is similarly afflicted, at 3840 x 2160 it retreats to a box in the top LH of the screen (about to post re that in the correct forum). Open Rails is okay though the value has to be entered normally as is Trainz 2019. Ironically FSX (original, boxed) has UHD resolution support - the picture is superb but the menu bars have shrunk to where a magnifying glass is needed, even though I've adjusted the desktop settings for all Windows functions.
    Vern.

Vern, did you try this in Run8?
    Go into the folder C:\Run8Studios\Run8 Train Simulator V2 and right click the Run-8 Train Simulator V2.exe file and select Properties.

Click the Compatibility tab, click the "Change high DPI settings" button and try checking the option "override high DPI scaling behavior". The Scaling Performed by option should be on Application.

Click on OK on all the windows to close them and then try Run 8 again to see if that helps any

From Run8 Froum.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Run 8 fixed, TS2019 still refusing to start and locking PC in both 32 and 64 bit mode. Next step uninstall and reinstall, though I CBA tonight.
    Vern.

Vern
    As I said on RWA you may not have enough VRAM to run TS at 4K resolutions.
    At 2560 x 1440 resolution I see almost 2GB VRAM being used at 4K resolutions around 3.5GB VRAM is used.
    Just a thought!
    Also your RAM at 8GB is pretty low to run TS2019 64-bit!
    pH