Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Who is looking forward to Run8 V3 - What are you looking for make or break?

Quote Originally Posted by CramRenraff View Post
    it'll be out when it's out. haha
    Those words are very true. "It'll be out when it's out." Run 8 has never really tipped their hands on what' coming. The owners of run 8 had stated how time consuming it is to get a product like Run 8 as realistic as possible. Run 8 has been around for almost a decade now. I don't think too many of us have been disappointed with the routes and rolling stock they've released. I know I haven't, and I own all of their products.

Whenever V3 comes out, or whatever they might put out in the meantime, I'm sure it will be outstanding and well worth the wait!

Those videos are hilarious.

I'm one person who works a day job, and doesn't like to program. I get a few people asking me about when I'm bringing something else, so I feel compelled to give them an update. At the moment I don't make any money off it nor should I. But I still try and keep the community informed.

Life goes on. To each his own if they want to wait for anything. More power to you.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Those videos are hilarious.

I'm one person who works a day job, and doesn't like to program. I get a few people asking me about when I'm bringing something else, so I feel compelled to give them an update. At the moment I don't make any money off it nor should I. But I still try and keep the community informed.

Life goes on. To each his own if they want to wait for anything. More power to you.

Thanks

Sean
    I have no idea how or why your lifestyle has anything to do with Run 8 updates. What else is there but waiting?! The holidays are soon upon us; perhaps Run 8 has a gift for us.

If you read what I said, I think it's self explanatory but let me elaborate.

The point isn't about me, but what I think would be natural to promote your product. Especially if your a business who has loyal fans who will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I understand that they have lives as well. In fact one could say this is more about a passion than a business. But if your passionate about something, and you know your audience is passionate about what you do. Would it be so difficult to let us know how things are going? After all I posted this old thread a year ago in anticipation for what approximately were V3 was expected. I know I'm paraphrasing that and my memory is bad enough what I did last week vs what was said a year ago.

I also understand there has been health issues. We honestly have no idea which is why the video of the tumbleweed is my thoughts exactly. If we are going to wait around and this of all threads has lasted a year (where very little new posts have even been posted here) perhaps a little humor isn't that bad of a thing.

When MSTS died in it's support I found a new sim. Personally it was my only option as I didn't have the skill or confidence to do what Run8 actually started years ago. Others found a way to revamp Run8 in open rails and make something new out of something old. We've seen better tools like updated external dispatcher, and another dispatching program from the community on it's way. Even I have not given up on trying to make a go of it. For me it's not when it comes, it's if it comes. None of us our getting any younger.

Just because I may come across as bitter, I assure you I'm not. Still the best train simulator imho on the planet, but there is room for something better. Unfortunately we live in a world now where consoles, VR, and cell phone games are in more demand than PC's. This makes a niche market even smaller.

If it's well worth the wait for you that's great. Many have already left much more quietly and found something else to do because they probably have lives I guess. People like me don't have lives, just work, my son, and the hobbies we share. For a while I stopped using Run8 but lately I may use it once a week. Figured I could use it to build something new. Sitting around and waiting on things you can't control is a stupid chore that I've been guilty of.

Anyways just rambling now, nothing else to do on this forum As you said "what else is there but waiting?".

Thanks

Sean