Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Who is looking forward to Run8 V3 - What are you looking for make or break?

I love this forum and how conversations in various threads generally pan out and develop, I feel right at home among all the other senior citizens.

On topic/Off topic - On topic/Off topic

You can't discuss that here

My opinions should be viewed as constructive criticism

I haven't got an axe to grind

I remember when

I said it once, I will say it again ( and again, and again )

do you wear glasses?

Yep this is where the crotchety senior citizens gather to discuss a simulator developed by crotchety senior citizens on a website possibly owned and moderated by crotchety senior citizens .

Seriously guys don't go changing, you are all great and I enjoy the conversations here, thanks for all your contributions .

Well I would get up out of my lounge chair and go outside, but my walking frame is out of reach again, so I will just sit here for the rest of the day and play Run8 and wait for meals on wheels to turn up and lift me out of my chair once again, they will also have to change my incontinence diaper again .

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    ......they will also have to change my incontinence diaper again .
    Hey, grumpy-bum! You're an Aussie, so it's a "nappy", not a flamin' "diaper"!!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Originally Posted by seagoon

Hey, grumpy-bum! You're an Aussie, so it's a "nappy", not a flamin' "diaper"!!
    Strewth your right, cheers Cob!.
    Last edited by WesternDivision; 02-05-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Bruce knows he has just started wearing one again.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

These are the only train sim forums I use other than the SW forum and my own (dead) for Run8 sessions.

There is something about Derail Valley I just like. It is early access, and I hear you can't save unless you finish each job etc. It just looks like fun to me. Not sure if physics are realistic or not as I don't know much about European stuff.

BTW my first train sim was RAILSIM which is a UK product, and first dispatch was SIAM another European product. As someone from North America who loves the NA content, I have no issues running something European if it's done right, or at least fun.

I know it's not based on a prototype (which is fine because I hear it's a huge world). Hopefully the work orders will auto generate or randomize down the road. Otherwise I can see it getting old quick. For now it's on my wish list as I wait and see what happens with this further.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Bruce knows he has just started wearing one again.

Mike.
    No....I can't afford them, Mike, so I just stuff a handful of tissues into my underdaks.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    No....I can't afford them, Mike, so I just stuff a handful of tissues into my underdaks.
    Hahahahahahahaha, is that why you walk like that Bruce.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Another thing I'd like to see integrated is voice comms. You should be able to monitor and broadcast on a few at a time, with the ability to mute channels. A dispatcher would want to monitor all the channels from his territory, but a train crew might only want the channel relevant to the territory and channel 0, for instance. I know some places have Discord servers, but integrated comms would mean that it gets used more often, I think.