Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Idea's and Advice.

Default Looking for Idea's and Advice.

So I am finishing up the Last of the FGE express sets that I was asked to make I found an image of a Green NW FGE car so I will be adding that car to the second set.
    NW05028.jpg

I just need to find the correct fonts for the words Fruit Growers Express.

But I am running out of ideas on cars to make and would like some inputs. I wish I knew more about S file changing due to the fact I would like to be able to edit one of the SLI BNSF GP38-2 into a Non Ditch light Dynamic Brake BM / KCS units.

I do have the TS Steel Slab Train so I know I am looking at some Gondola cars.

If you have some suggestions for items let me know here, please.

Hi Michelle,

This car is not actually green, more like blue-black. The photo you are working for has it's color balance off.

There is one like it already in the file library.

I can give you ideas - and photos to work from. How about some starting points? What category of car? What Streamlines models do you want to work with?

Christopher

Trying to match lettering... I have this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

That looks good! I already found my own FGE font... The toughest one was the one on the bottom is "For Greatest Efficency, as I pulled it out from my Decal set (HO scale)" Need a specific cursive writing. I have done this for my fleet.. Check out my photo

FGEbox.jpg
    Dave Edwards

I like that Dave. anything PC is a good thing along with C&O B&O. BUT since I saw that NW car and thought it was green but found out it was black and we had a model in the library I went and looked for the file and decided time for a UPGRADE!

NW1.jpg

Thank you, we definitely needed this!

Yes, most models in the F/L are just photos applied on to models. Most are blurry within on the model and they tend to blur out when going into distances. Fonts and details comes out much clearer on Open Rails... I got rid of most "photo cars" since they just don't do me any justice.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    I like that Dave. anything PC is a good thing along with C&O B&O. BUT since I saw that NW car and thought it was green but found out it was black and we had a model in the library I went and looked for the file and decided time for a UPGRADE!

NW1.jpg
    Dave Edwards

Default Looking for Idea's and Advice.

Hi Folks,

Michelle is doing some mighty fine work...

Yeah - always been a fan of trying to hand paint my own stuff - as stated prior - I’m not really a fan of photos pasted on cars - although they do have their uses...

This is an example of my best work to date - on my own model...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always love your work Scott you do such an amazing job and you know how to pick up those details that stand out. I stopped using photo cars when SLI started making more cars. I think I only have some cars our austrailan friend made cause he does a great job on them as well as Shawn. I just NOW found some photos of the cars so I can add the rest of the information to them. The only car I would love for SLI to come out with is a actual 40 ft Hicube boxcar.

More than welcome Lineman and I agree we have all this pre-1960 and 1980 and beyond but for some reason, 1960, 70, and early '80s is very skimpy

So this is how far I am able to get to right now, there is some information near the door lock handles I can't read or find images for that is clear enough to make out. I know the build information is BLT AX 3 69. and I need to track down the car end stencil information.

NW2.jpg