Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone help me with an ace issue?

I'm going to test it out, and send you a PM when I can.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Why do you want to remove this window? Incidentally are you aware that there's a superb set of freeware Amfleet cars (some might say better than the SLI ones) in the library with just about all variations of those coaches. It would help if you explained more clearly what you're trying to model.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Hi Geoff,

Which ones do you recommend?
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Why do you want to remove this window? Incidentally are you aware that there's a superb set of freeware Amfleet cars (some might say better than the SLI ones) in the library with just about all variations of those coaches. It would help if you explained more clearly what you're trying to model.
    The Metroliner cab cars. Both 9635 and 9643, but the window edit probably just for #9635.
    http://www.railpictures.net/showimag...04&key=9914945
    Redefined for better content craftsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.V. View Post
    The Metroliner cab cars. Both 9635 and 9643, but the window edit probably just for #9635.
    http://www.railpictures.net/showimag...04&key=9914945
    OK I don't have the zip names to hand but search for the set by Buzz Benz. I take it you're using the KLW driving cab also here in the library?

The set I refer to have opening doors and various coach ends for front, mid and end cars. They come in all liveries and there;s even a 512 skin for them (I think in the NALW pack) of the short lived and unloved Acela livery.

The original NALW pack rather confusingly has correct and horribly out of scale cars mixed in ....for whatever reason There are also various attempts at reskins of the HHP loco's but many are for the original way out of scale model. I believe there is a correct scale model but again I don't have the zip name. Download them all and use Shape Viewer Scale tool to check. One of the oldest photoskins and modifications in the file library is the much improved Acela trainset which vastly improves the default model.

Sadly there seems to have been little interest in Amtraks various trial high speed trains. Models for some are available but many old and not up to todays modelling standards. Whilst there is an excellent set of Talgo Coaches in the library nobody has looked at reskinning these into the Amtrak sets running in the West/North West of the country.

Back on the Metroliners.... again no one has produced the power cars for what was a pretty successful set. Like many US attempts at high speed rail the track quality seems always to have spoiled their potential?
    Geoff
    UK

Ahh, this is the
    MSTS Amtrak Amfleet (ex-Metroliner) Control by Mingo Molina & Kurt Kaminer/KLW Trainsim.

filename in library
    amtkmcc.zip

and it might be easier to use the control cab from the above model and apply it to the coaches in the below file by By Buzz Benz
    to remove that window.

filename in library
    amfleet2_v1-0.zip

Then do some re-texturing.
    All the trucks are wrong though on all of them for the control cab.
    Last edited by Rick-MONON; 12-14-2018 at 06:48 AM.
    Rick
    http:\\mononrr.com
    MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    Ahh, this is the
    MSTS Amtrak Amfleet (ex-Metroliner) Control by Mingo Molina & Kurt Kaminer/KLW Trainsim.

filename in library
    amtkmcc.zip

All the trucks are wrong though on all of them for the control cab.
    Didn't notice the truck difference Rick. Thanks for pointing that out. As I said shame no ones built a proper Metroliner Set. I guess it's not surprising with most passenger activity over there either on the coasts or around the bigger cities that such units don't have that wide a following?
    Geoff
    UK

Thats what I did, added the cab to an Amfleet II. True the trucks are wrong. Steve who did the Silverliners was going to do a Metroliner, too bad he has left MSTS.
    metro.JPG
    Jim

Looks pretty good to me....
    Rick
    http:\\mononrr.com
    MONON-2