Thread: ROW Painting

Default ROW Painting

Does TRES have ROW painting?
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by commec61 View Post
    Does TRES have ROW painting?
    Hi Steve,

It sure does - but I don't recall how to do it off the top of my head... As a ROW painter from the earliest days of Mosaic - I certainly appreciate this feature... If nobody comes along - I'll try to remember to figure it out again when I get home this weekend...

Regards,
    Scott
    USN Veteran

Steve,

When using TSRE, open the Terrain window under the tools tab. When you open that window, you'll have several options. Under the "Paint Texture" heading, click texture. Under the "Texture" heading, load whatever ballast texture floats your boat. You can set the size and intensity of your texture under "Brush Settings". Once you've done all that, simply hold CTRL and then click on any world object to add a texture around it.

I'll add to the above that the resulting textures need to be compressed AFTER you do your painting as each new texture file is about one Megabyte in size.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I knew that it was something quick and easy but I forgot where the information was. Thank you all for the responses.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I'll add to the above that the resulting textures need to be compressed AFTER you do your painting as each new texture file is about one Megabyte in size.

regards,
    Greetings to All,
    I tried to batch compress them with Route Riter, but an error message shows up. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Hi oliver2,
    What's the big secret??!!
    Without you telling us exactly what error message you got, nobody knows if they can give you an answer, or not!

Am I right in assuming that you tried using the "Compress all ACE files in selected folder" button?

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi oliver2,
    What's the big secret??!!
    Without you telling us exactly what error message you got, nobody knows if they can give you an answer, or not!

Am I right in assuming that you tried using the "Compress all ACE files in selected folder" button?

Cheers,
    Ged
    Nope, that worked. DXT compression's not working. I think we need DXT because terrrain painting consumes the HDD space very fast... Here's the message.

er.jpg

UPDATE: sorry, the message is about TGA-to-DXT command. When trying ACE to DXT, same message shows up but first row is "Invalid parameter"

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    Nope, that worked. DXT compression's not working. I think we need DXT because terrrain painting consumes the HDD space very fast... Here's the message.

er.jpg

UPDATE: sorry, the message is about TGA-to-DXT command. When trying ACE to DXT, same message shows up but first row is "Invalid parameter"
    SOLVED. Route Riter not required. One have to create a .bat file and use AceIt.exe command with /dxt suffix. Command list can be created in excel.