Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PRR Eastern Region v2 beta

Default PRR Eastern Region v2 beta

All,

The route has been distributed to the beta testers, actually the original authors, for test and approval.

The route will be a single 1.96GB download for the complete Mini Route, no additional downloads needed.
    Open Rails only!
    MSTS chokes on the activities which strangely were all created with the MSTS activity editor.

The ReadMeFirst file:
    WELCOME TO THE VERSION 2 UPGRADE BETA OF THE PRR EAST REGION.

+BASE ROUTE PRRFix06 UPGRADED TO PRR_EASTERN_REGION_v2 BETA+
    + THE ROUTE HERE IS SETUP AS A MINI FOR OPEN RAILS CONTAINING ALL FILES NEEDED TO RUN ALL THE ACTIVITIES PROVIDED WITH THE ROUTE. ++ NO ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS NEEDED ++
    ++ ROUTE HAS NOT BEEN TESTED WITH MICROSOFT TRAIN SIMULATOR ++
    ++ ROUTE WILL NOT LOAD INTO THE MSTS ROUTE EDITOR ++
    ++ ROUTE WILL LOAD INTO MSTS ACTIVITY EDITOR WHICH WAS USED FOR GENERATING ALL ACTIVITIED PROVIDED ++
    ++ ROUTE EDITING TSRE5 ONLY ++

1. ADDED THE ALTOONA UPGRADE ( by Ron Picardi ) FROM THE THE CANCELLED PRRFix07 UPDATE.

2. OPERATIONAL TURNTABLES INSTALLED AT ALTOONA (2) AND CAMDEN (1).

3. THE PHILADELPHIA TERMINAL AREA AND ZOO INTERLOCKING HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY REBUILT.

4. ALL (known) PHANTOM SIGNALS HAVE BEEN REMOVED AND SPPED LIMITS APPLIED TO FULL LENGTH OF THE NEC.
    5. THERE ARE ABOUT 20 SHORT (~10 min) ACTIVITIES I USED TO TEST PATHS AND SIGNALS THROUGH THE NEW ZOO INTERLOCKING.
    THESE SHORT PATH/SIGNAL TEST ACTIVITIES ARE DESIGNED TO RUN IN AUTOPILOT MODE.( Alt + A ) MAY BE RUN AS ACTIVITY BUT NO TASKS.

6. THERE ARE 2 FULL LENGTH NEC PASSENGER ACTIVITIES WITH LOTS & LOTS OF AI TRAFFIC. !! 8 MINUTE LOAD TIME !!!

7. THERE IS A TWO PART FREIGHT ACTIVITY PHIL TO JERSEY CITY.
    ++++++ THESE THREE ACTIVITIES TAKE 8-9 MINUTES TO LOAD FROM A SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE DUE TO LOTS OF AI TRAFFIC ++++++

8. THERE IS A ALTOONA STEAM FAN TRIP: ALTOONA-CRESSON AND RETURN.
    HARD DUE TO STEAM ENG FILE NEEDS ADJUSTING. FACT IS ALL STEAMERS NEED A TWEAK.

9. SEVERAL INTERLOCKINGS ALONG THE NEC WERE REBUILT. RAHWAY, BALTIMORE, GRACE and OTHERS.

10. ACTIVITIES BUILT FOR EARLIER VERSIONS PROBABLY WILL NOT RUN. TRACK PATHS HAVE BEEN CHANGED.

11. THE TRAIN.EXE IN THE MINI FOLDER IS A DUMMY TEXT FILE TO ALLOW ROUTE_RITER TO RUN.
    ROUTE_RITER [CHECK ROUTE] TEST RUNS ERROR FREE EXCEPT A COMPLAINT A DERAIL TRACK OBJECT USED AS A STATIC OBJECT. DOESN'T SAY WHERE.

VINCE 2018
    Any suggestions about the ReadMe text will be appreciated.
    The Caps are there for easy reading by all folks and are not 'shouting' in netspeak.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

BRAVO_Applause.jpg ThumbsUp_Big.jpg

Vince, I know I won't be the only one to say...Much appreciated, thanks for all your time, sweat, struggles, and work...just wonderful.

Best Regards, Gerry

Let's all hope the beta testers wave the flag on the finish line.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Awesome! Does this include rolling stock and locomotives as well or just the route?

Wow. That is some truly dedicated work, Vince. Thank you for all of your efforts to improve an already stunning route.

Vince, this is much appreciated! Awesome work! Look forward to running those trains beyond Altoona. as well as the other updates.

Many Thanks.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Steve & All,
    I only did some general touching up of scenery items and a few signal positions on the gantrys were also tweaked to PRR specs.
    Nothing much beyond the tunnels at Cresson and the summit were done. They are mostly in original condition.

I did activate a ton of dead track. Seems Open Rails gets upset when it sees a TrackObject in the World files and no corresponding data block in the Track Database and it flags a non fatal error. I got them all fixed.
    There are STILL in the OR log a list of, again, non-fatal errors in the TDB regarding invalid TrackNode links.
    That is being worked on by one of the route builders team who thinks these last database errors can be eliminated.

Still more to do.
    There is a Transfer Table and a Turntable just waiting for someone, NOT me, to get them activated. Minimal trackwork needed and as I activated 3 turntables in the route (ridiculously easy btw) there is a working example for someone. The transfer I think may be written up in the latest OR Manual.

Yes, you can actually work on a fully completed route and not crash it like MSTS did, especially large complicated routes, if a certain work ethic is followed.

During the rebuild I removed more than 60 buried, rogue blue poled, rogue red poled, phantom signals & speed posts galore.
    More than half of the buried track was rogue Dynamic Track.
    If it weren't for Goku's new editor, TSRE5, this could never have been done.

I can actually remove these rogue items with his editor. Worth every penny of the 50 bucks I sent him.
    Here's one at the south portal of the 30th St station in philadelphia.
    No World file data for item (the switch) in the Track Database.
    How he neatly tags the Junction Node (7) and all other nodes also, is an enormous help
    TDB-NoObject (Custom).jpg
    A rogue switch!
    Goku's editor was able to neatly remove this and repair the database . . .
    There are still a few rogue blue poles that are still beiln worked on. They do not affect running the Sim but are more like an itch I can't scratch.
    Keeps me outta' the bars and that's a good thing . . .

regards

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

Just curious: is the Strasburg merged? Or do we still need the separate route (that used to be in the library; haven't checked recently)?

The route is the same as released in the PRRFix06 version.
    The Fix07 was released then cancelled when it was discovered the track database was corrupted.
    The Fix07 had added a completely rebuilt Altoona, Pa. but as I said, cancelled.

The major track changes from this upgrade are the Altoona upgrade with operational turntables (2), rebuilt the entire Philadelphia Terminal Area. which involved moving the entire 30th street station about 200 meters north of it's original position. That's where that rogue red pole surfaced.

The rest are minor interlocking track and signal tweaks just about anywhere I found a problems, mis-aligned signals mostly, a bunch of floating trees & rocks ect.

So as to your question, no, I didn't do anything other than I detailed here and in the readme.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 12-16-2018 at 09:05 PM.

I would love to see someone do a full drive of the route from end to end (on each mainline part) across several videos with a lengthy train to see what the whole route looks like from start to finish, complete with AI trains along the way

Vince, Will this be available here or CLW?

Robert