Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PRR Eastern Region v2 beta

Here
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thank you, Vince!
    Christopher

Vince,
    The whole community thanks you and so do I. My favorite long distance route.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

VERY much appreciated! I was working on speed limits for the NEC, but man it's a LOT of work. Real life gets in the way a lot, and I have to say that gives me a much greater level of appreciation for route makers. THanks a ton! I MIGHT see what I can do about the Keystone Corridor, then!

Thanks, Vince. Very much appreciated!

I don't see any of this to download from the file library as of the time is now at 7:40 a.m.

John

Hi John,
    Vince has said that the route WILL be available from this site, but not WHEN!! According to his post of 16 Dec, there's still some work to do! Please have patience - as has been said many times before - It'll be ready when it's ready

Cheers,
    Ged

Any progress shots?
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Ged -- first want to say thank you for your message and look at message #11 that Vince posted " Here " So I assumed that his route is ready at the file library.

John

No John, It's not in the Library yet! Look again at the post you refer to and re-read carefully!
    The route is in Beta Test. There are 5 testers + me working.

Some bits . . . All turntables in the route are operational. Meaning they can be used to turn engines. Altoona is ALL NEW!
    Speed limits imposed full length on the NEC. Makes developing activities soooo much easier and the AI no longer tears through NY Penn at 60 mph.

Chuck Rickert out Chicago way has been busy sending me lists of dead/lost/rogue track . . .`150 bad pieces at first count. I have worked through about 50 in the past few days. It's slow work as it's required I test after every rogue track deletion.

I have managed to reduce the size of the complete Mini Route PRR to about 1.6 GB That's everything needed to run all the activities and NO additional downloads needed.
    The 1.6 GB size compares VERY favorably with the ~2.0GB size of the Horseshoe Curve Route. And that's just the route!
    So a 2GB download gets it all, everything you need to run trains (included as they are in the original route release.)
    Back to work . . .

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"