Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TSW Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Lovely story and great piccie Steve

Nowt wrong with the LMR buddy, second only to the WR

We are all BR Steve, although our Vern. Did blot his copy book, working on the privatised farce.
    Off to stand in the naughty corner...

Strange how things worked out, when I tried getting of the "relief" in the Control I ended up missing a running desk job and got the (then) Provincial Desk instead. That turned into South Wales & West in '94 with the move to Cardiff in '97. If it had gone the other way, I'd probably have ended up working for Railtrack, though of course I did eventually jump ship in 2006 from what was by then ATW to Network Rail back in Swindon.
    Vern.

Hehehehehehe, a man has got to do etc etc.................

You didn't like Cardiff then buddy ? But at least you did end up at the centre of the universe.

Even if Swindon is a shadow of it's former self, in railway terms.

Another Tory decision to decimate, the UK's heavy industry.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Actually Cardiff was very good Mike and as you know we lived in Bridgend which was handy for the coast and the hills. (Awful news BTW re Fords shutting down the car plant). However circumstances changed, not least because in 2005 there was a big, possibly government backed, push to put NR in the lead as regards train service etc. management, which would have relegated the TOC's very much to a back seat role. That kind of precipitated the move back to Swindon when NR set up all the Train Running posts though, as things turned out, the brave new world didn't quite materialise in the way that had been anticipated.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    We are all BR Steve, although our Vern. Did blot his copy book, working on the privatised farce.
    Well, I finished my career at AdTranz Litchurch Lane Loco Works at Derby, Mike, helping them making trains and providing spares for London Underground and several privatised TOCs for the 3rd generation EMU's, Classes 357/375/377, etc, when Bombardier took them over in 2001 I was offered the chance to go and work at either Crewe, or, Doncaster, which didn't appeal to me, so, I took my redundancy and I've never been anywhere near the railway since, I don't miss it now, kowtowing to the private TOCs wasn't really my cup of tea.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Oh noooooooooo two privatisation boys. Yeah i remember you living in Bridgend Vern, very posh.

AdTranz and Bombardier are both Germany i believe Steve, we also have loco's and rolling stock made in the US, Spain and god knows where else. Have we suddenly forgotten how to build railway infrastructure in the UK, just because the Tories think it's a good idea to sell everything off. Makes my blood boil boys. What is the next step, have our nuclear deterent built in China.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Who's the daddy..................

Turn the 7.1 up, loads of crashing and banging over the junctions. Lovely growly prime mover sound, excellent.

Mind i didn't realise i had to be driver and shunter and where is the rear tail lamp

Nice screenshots, Mike, I notice the doors on those freight vans can be opened as well, a nice touch. There's no tail lamps fitted automatically to any of these trains on the services section for any locos, only on a few passenger trains and Newspapers, obviously not an important enough issue for them to address across the board, I've already raised this point on the other forums, we'll see if any notice is taken.
    Enjoy stomping around Lancashire & Yorkshire matey.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Thank you Steve, it is very good for less than 12 notes don't you think.

Good detail in regards the opening doors, nice to have a couple of empty vans in a consist with the doors open.

Do the van brakes pin down do you know Steve ? There were two lamps on the floor of the 08 and i was able to click on one and it moved to the step. I wonder if they can be carried and placed on the rear most wagon. As you know buddy, essential part of rail operation, to mark the rear of a service. DTG strikes again

Nice to have some variation now, to just passenger workings. Might get the Tees Valley route, in a fortnight after next pension payment day.

Cheers,

Mike.

The handbrakes on the vans do operate, Mike, unsure about the TEA tanks though, I've never tried them, so far. Unsure about the lamps inside the 08 I haven't fiddled about with them, yet, I don't think you could carry one all the way to the back of the train, anyhow, that's the thing, and clicking your mouse on the lamp brackets doesn't work either, I've already tried them, hopefully DTG might do something in future for the community, we can only make suggestions to them.

Unsure about the Tees Valley Line, Mike, I went walkabout on the collectable trail and bumped into lots and lots of invisible walls, seems as though huge sections of the map are no go areas for some reason, I can't understand why they've built so much trackwork if we can't drive on them, or, go for a walk in those areas, if you take away all the locations that are inactive you lose about a third of the route, it's all very fishy. If I was you I'd hang on until the November/December Steam sales and get it at half price. The 37/5 isn't as good as the NTP locomotives, in my opinion, and the Class 08 and 101 DMU are also in NTP now, anyway, so, I'm miffed at having spent £19.99 on this DLC myself, I personally don't think it's worth it at all, certainly not at the current price of £25, matey, save your money and get it at a proper discount, if you want it that bad, the Trans Pennine route is so much better.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-09-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: re-edit

[QUOTE=ex-railwayman;
    I can't understand why they've built so much trackwork if we can't drive on them, or, go for a walk in those areas, if you take away all the locations that are inactive you lose about a third of the route, it's all very fishy,
    Cheerz. Steve.[/QUOTE]

TSW did the same thing with the New York City route. So much track unable to use. Locked switches. So much potential lost.
    Interested in all Train-Sims