Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TSW Screenshot Thread

Is that the LIRR route, or, then NEC, dejoh? I have the NEC route myself now, but, I only purchased it last month and haven't walked around very far doing the collectables yet, it's the old personal scenario, too much to do and no time to do it, I'm sure you understand......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Hi Steve,

thanks very much for all the further info, all we need now is scenarios. Where we can shunt wagons and run alongside them to pin the brakes. Hopeless in regards the lamps, why bother modelling a bracket. Trouble is Steve too many fanbois, fawning over DTG. The few of us that know what we are talking about, get drowned out by the subserviant masses. All they want is treasure hunts and achievement awards.

I will very gratefully take your advice in regards Tees Valley Line and will leave it well alone. Until it is on sale for 50p, in the future. Isn't the 101 in the Tees route a full 3x car version Steve, thought i read somewhere they had added the trailer car.

As you rightly say, seems pointless modelling sidings, yards and depot areas of a route, if the player does not have driving or walking access to them. The game engine is purpose built for games that have large open space areas, particularly in FPS type games. DTG probably just cannot be bothered to put more detail into the routes, further out from the mainline track. There was an unofficial guide somewhere that i read in regards the Paddington - Reading route, when first released. Which gave details on how to get out on the roads, i managed to get up on a road bridge crossing the ML and did watch the services go by for a good 20 mins.

Thanks again buddy, for your help and advice, always much appreciated.

Regards,

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Nice but what the hell is that woman doing in my cab, this is 1970's - 80's Britain. Plus my EOT lamp has fallen off again.

Thought i better post some screenies in the screenshots forum.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Must have been a nuclear strike, not a person or car in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Trouble is Steve too many fanbois, fawning over DTG. The few of us that know what we are talking about, get drowned out by the subserviant masses. All they want is treasure hunts and achievement awards.
    I will very gratefully take your advice in regards Tees Valley Line and will leave it well alone. Until it is on sale for 50p, in the future. Isn't the 101 in the Tees route a full 3x car version Steve, thought i read somewhere they had added the trailer car.
    DTG probably just cannot be bothered to put more detail into the routes, further out from the mainline track. There was an unofficial guide somewhere that i read in regards the Paddington - Reading route, when first released. Which gave details on how to get out on the roads, i managed to get up on a road bridge crossing the ML and did watch the services go by for a good 20 mins.

Mike.
    Well, many of us have known that ever since DTG decided to market this game to the console players that it would be dumbed down for the masses, Mike, and there are more of them than there are of us, so, our voices probably won't get taken too seriously I suspect, ho hum....
    We live in a PC society nowadays, I presume we have female players of the game so, DTG provided a woman secondman which might not be authentic for the period in which the route was created for, but, that's customer marketing for you.
    Yes, the Tees Valley Class 101 DMU does indeed have a middle coach, it was supposed to be ported across to the NTP as well at some stage, but, I haven't seen any advertising to say it's been done yet.
    We can all be cynical about DTG's route building methods, I'm still not convinced that they have to rush routes out to Steam every 6 months, or, so, especially, when they aren't finished and so much of the routes are inaccessible to us players, yet, they've built the trackwork, it's bizarre, is this just for aesthetics, or, are they actually going to go back and finish them off and allow the end-user to drive everywhere properly in future, only time will tell.

Lovely screenshots anyway, matey, seems like your having a blast, now if only Trainz had gone down this avenue with UE4, or, something similar, N3V would have kept a lot of its fanbase, and we might have had tail lamps by default!!!!!!!

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Hiya Steve,

you are spot on buddy in regards all the points in your reply. Just annoying that a game is dumbed down. When surely DTG should be doing their utmost to create authenticity, as closely as possible. Then if the consoles cannot handle it, the console players miss out.

Oh gawd don't get me started on the PC brigade, Steve.

Good news in regards the 3 car 101 for NTP, we need the 4 car sets as well with the TBS buddy.

We had quite a few 101 sets on the WR, used on the Paddington - Didcot - Oxford outter suburban services.

Just wallpaper all the extra stuff in a route that you cannot drive on or get to Steve. Gives you a sense of depth and realism, without making the effort to actually incorperate player usability. That's my take on it anyway buddy, like a Trainz backdrop but in 3D.

Thanks for the comments regards the screenies, i liked the NTP from the day it was released and installed here. Trainz does nice tail lamps, but the driving immersion is pretty naff.

Take care,

Mike.

One of the guys on the UK forum has posted to advise that we can amend the audio settings to make our locos sound better, particularly the NTP content, and it is does work as I've already tried it......

On your computer go into Library > Documents > MyGames > TS2Prototype > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor

In there you should find 10 ini files, you want the one that says GameUserSettings.ini, right click on it to open it in Notebook and then scroll down to the setting marked AudioQualityLevel which is 0 by default, change that to 2, save it and exit.....

Your 40s should now whistle their socks off at a higher level than before. And the Peak, Gronk and 47 are also louder as well.

Cheerz. Steve.

If you get stuck, here's a screenshot to assist anyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lovely job Steve, nice one buddy.

Many thanks for passing on the info.

Cheers,

Mike.

Thanks for that Steve - done the change, will test later on. Why the hell would they set the default to 0 though, with no means of amending via the game menus? Good old DTG... the menu guy probably doesn't talk to the config guy.
    Vern.

We haven't a clue as to what DTG do, Vern, they are a law unto themselves.

I've seen an update on the UK forum on some more setting tweaks, I'll do a copy and paste and minor edit of the message to save time.

From vtrain -

There are not as many sound tweaks as for the Graphics. Most of the sound is dependent on how DTG set it up.

You can change the AudioQualityLevel= 0,1,2 (It should if setup properly play more channels the higher you go.)
    I have noticed the improvement in going from 1 to 2. Ambient sounds and the class 40 sound together. If set to 1 I cannot hear the ambient sounds at all while the class 40 sounds fine). some users on the TSW Forum noticed an improvement on going from 0 to 2.

A user on the TSW forum has found a possible bug with the Class 37/5 on the Tees Valley route. If set to 2 the engine sounds do not play, DTG may have not setup the sounds correctly or limited the quality to a certain number of channels.

The other tweaks I set up ages ago when the game first came out and the sounds were too quiet.

GameUserSettings.ini

MasterSoundVolume=4.500000
    SFXSoundVolume=3.800000
    AmbienceSoundVolume=3.500000
    DialogueSoundVolume=1.500000
    ExternalAlertVolume=0.927966

They are much louder than the default of 1.

I have amended these in my game and looked on my German and American routes also, noises across the board are much louder now, lots of birdsongs in Germany and we have motorbikes in America and semi trucks and trailers roaring down the freeways, it's quite immersive. I presume users can tweak the settings even more to their personal preferences, anything to enhance the entertainment level!!!

Don't forget to back up files before you start fiddling with anything.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-11-2019 at 05:23 AM. Reason: re-edit