Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: TSW Screenshot Thread

Understood Vern, this is no uber machine. But components are updated when i can afford them.

TS2019 max settings, TSW max settings, TRS19 is the only game i have ever had problems with. I play that on high settings, but with increased draw distance and Ultra scenery settings. But i do get a bit of stuttering.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Vern is on shift again, i got routed through the platform road. When there was a perfectly good centre road, not in use.

I turned down the ambient audio setting from 3.5 to 1.5. I didn't need to hear birds twittering, over the sound of my consist.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I've followed suit Mike and knocked the ambient sounds back. I've also slightly pruned SFX volume from 3.8 to 3.5. About to spark it up and see what difference if any.

Re the routing, I suspect like the Railworks TS and MSTS before it, once the path has been defined, the sim won't deviate from it.
    Vern.

Update - well that certainly helped with the sound, not brilliant but the thrash definitely more audible.

Arrived at Man Vic just in time to jump on a Leeds bound oil train, also Class 40 hauled. Now this is going to be a challenge, long heavy train. First time I've encountered wheelslip in TSW, then noticed the brakes not fully released. Had to use overcharge to blow them off and now underway but a difficult start up that 1 in 59 regardless. Hopefully DTG finally getting there with the physics.
    Vern.

I will knock the SFX back as well then Vern.

You are probably right about the routing buddy, but why not make the original path through the centre road.

Vern i haven't used TSW much. Do you know what is meant by "another service will be available at 12:30pm"

I arrived at my destination at 12:18pm and then that messaged popped up.

I had that problem with the 40 all the way through the service i drove. 40 brake seems to stick on and even using overcharge, i frequently came close to stopping completely after releasing.

I had a go of CSX earlier, haven't run that since TSW was released. Seem to have improved it a little bit. Couldn't walk between the loco's though. Even though i had released the walkway chains.

Mike.

The 47 is the girl for the job, no trouble up the bank out of Manchester.

Hardly any prime mover sounds from it though.

Mike.

That "Another Service" must be something new, haven't seen it before. Could do with it at Reading to see when/where the next train back to Paddington is going to spawn. I must give the other routes a re-visit - see if the sound config changes improve things.
    Vern.

I had never seen it before Vern, so maybe it is something new.

Could do with it at Swindon buddy. Then that route would be worth running.

The HST's in the real world, didn't get up to line speed until passing Southall.

So in game you get around 15 to 18 mins of high speed running, before slowing for Reading.

Sound was better with the CSX route and loco\stock.

Mike.

Still trying to fathom the Class 40 brakes... Was having trouble with them creeping back on, rage quit as far as the main menu then decided to go back in - after which they seemed to behave. I notice the brake selector on the bulk head is still set to "Air Passenger" when you climb aboard, but playing around with that didn't seem to change anything.
    Vern.

Yup leaky brakes, no whistle and slightly underpowered. I changed the brake selector to air freight and made no difference Vern.

Still had trouble with the brakes not releasing quickly enough.

Particularly when doing around 55mph and the HUD suddenly tells me i have a 15mph PSR in 650 yards.

Full brake application down to around 25mph, full release and overcharge and i still stopped dead.

Mike.