Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TSW Screenshot Thread

The Class 40 loco disc variant from the recently released Heavy Freight Pack for NTP.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Hi Steve,

many thanks for all the info and the pics of the 08 & 40, much appreciated buddy.

I only asked about the loco models, because i am pretty sure the trainspotter boys on UKTS were picking holes in the 37 and the 40 models. But the 40 looks ok to me in your screenies, Steve. The 08 glass i must be going blind sorry. She looks lovely and weathered in general though. Get sick to death of all the loco's looking like ex-works in these train games.

I own WSR and the Class 33, but not sure about the Class 52. I know them so well from the job and if it isn't right i will be very peeved. I will definitely get the NTP freight pack though, as you rightly said buddy at £12 it's a bargain. I was expecting it to be more when i went to have a look.

When i said about mainline and yards, i was refering to that newer route Steve. Not sure what it's called sorry, it includes the Class 37.

I think it is set in the 1980's BR Sectorisation era.

Thanks again Steve, nice one.

Cheers,

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

It's the Tees Valley Line Mike, set in 1989 Railfreight Trainload Sectorisation, I personally don't think it's as good as NTP to be honest, and DTG have made quite a few areas of the route undriveable, you can't even access them walking, so, I wasn't very chuffed with that, the 37/5 isn't as good as it could be, the 08 Gronk is OK, it's the same as this one in NTP, so I'll stick to that route for the time being, I am more familiar with Yorkshire than Tees-side.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Thank you Steve, i will just get the freight pack then to go with my NTP. Which i do not know much about being a western region grease monkey. But i do really like it, i find it much better than the modern era Paddington - Reading.

I re-installed Steam and TSW, but now the damn thing won't run. Keeps telling me it needs DirectX Runtime, but i ran the DirectX install from the Steam folder provided and still no good. My Win10 + DirectX 12 is right up to date. Never come across this problem before with Steam games. Been searching online for a solution for over an hour and nothing.

Thanks again Steve, i appreciate the further info.

Cheers,

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Thanks for the pics Steve. 40 looks okay, I also found a couple of YouTube clips which seem to confirm the sounds are good, too. Will probably buy this later on.
    Vern.

Thanks Vern, I didn't know you Great Western guys knew what 40s are.......

Here's the centre headcode Class 40, mustn't be accused of favouritism.

Cheerz. Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Thanks Vern, I didn't know you Great Western guys knew what 40s are.......

Here's the centre headcode Class 40, mustn't be accused of favouritism.

Cheerz. Steve.
    I started on the LMR Steve, at Northampton! Of course by the late 70's, the 40's were largely confined to the NW and Scotland.
    Vern.

Lovely pics of the 40 centre code variant buddy. Yeah i do know what a 40 is Steve. We had one give up the ghost coming off the Reading West Line, working an inter-regional. Had to go out to it with a fitter, when i was still an apprentice.

There you go Steve, Vern is an "Outlander" just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    There you go Steve, Vern is an "Outlander" just like you.
    LMR foreigners, please............

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I started on the LMR Steve, at Northampton! Of course by the late 70's, the 40's were largely confined to the NW and Scotland.
    I'll doff my hat to a fellow LMR-er, then, young man.

Actually, to tell you a little tale, back in the late 1970s, we had regular 40s that worked across on our daily Freightliner train from Dudley, they often worked freights down from Warrington and Crewe and as it was a booked Bescot loco working for several years before the service was transferred to Birmingham Lawley Street, both sets of Bescot & Saltley crews would bring them across. Back in the day we had to give the Guard a train bag which contained all the documents for the containers especially, the deep sea shipping ones. As I was the Senior Traffic Clerk and I found out that there was a 40 on the lunchtime train I used to keep the train bag to one side and when the Overseer came into our office and innocently ask if the bag was ready to be taken down to the locomotive, I used to make up an excuse to delay it for a little while and then take it down to the guard myself, I used to sit in the back cab with him and have a fag and a cup of tea for 5 minutes as we got to know all the traincrews every week, I only went outside when it was something special on like a 37, or, a 40, you could hardly hear yourself speak when you were stood next to a 'Whistler', many of us old hands do miss the sound.
    A shameless plug I know, but, I have a photo of a 40 on one of our trains from 1980 on my flickr site.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/598491...-ehAo3t-ehAoar
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-08-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: re-edit

Lovely story and great piccie Steve

Nowt wrong with the LMR buddy, second only to the WR

We are all BR Steve, although our Vern. Did blot his copy book, working on the privatised farce.