Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: TSW Screenshot Thread

More good stuff Steve, thanks very much.

Amended the audioqualitylevel to 2 last night and it is not only louder but there are more sounds.

No idea why this isn't a configurable option in the Main Menu\Audio set up.

Thanks again.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Just bought it but not tested yet as I'm currently doing the Community Goal in Elite Dangerous, also Steam now seems to have got stuck on downloading the latest TSW updates, before launching the game. Hey ho...
    Vern.

What did you buy Vern, the Heavy Freight DLC ?

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

This really is taking political correctness too far. Same service, but saved earlier today.

Go back to it and my 2nd man, person, bloke, thingie has had a sex change.

I bought the Class 40 DLC Mike, but still not downloaded.

Agree the "PC" bit - what's next - a shemale co-driver?!
    Vern.

Nice one Vern, don't forget to amend the audio settings, if you fancy it.

Does seem to make a difference.

Hahahahahaha, im out of there if that happens.

I thought it was Samuel L Jackson, i even opened my driver side window.

Just in case he blew my brains out. At least all the brains and goo would go outside.

Well I changed the sound settings as per info here and the additional advice at the DTG Fan Club. Still rather disappointing, especially at speed - almost as if the faster you go the more the engine sound gets muffled by the ambient. Even at low speed in exterior view, precious little thrash on opening up. Maybe I'll try dropping the setting back to one - okay I know I'm only using onboard sound but then so are most people these days. Running a 40 on NWC in Open Rails or dare I say it, even the S&C in Trainz, sounds far more realistic.

TSW experience overall also still not entirely satisfactory. Lots of pauses and stutters, no warning when you get a severe reduction in speed immediately following the previous one displayed on the HUD, those stupid random signal checks for no valid reason. Well I guess at least the add-on only cost £12 but think I will pass on Teeside and the Wizzo for now.
    Vern.

I obtained the Class 40 soundpack for MSTS, Vern, about 10 years ago, light years ahead of this offering, even in those days, it was rumoured that DTG got the sounds for this DLC pack from the ''Whistlers'' up at East Lancashire Railway Heritage Line, but, even when you watch videos of 40145 on YouTube recently it doesn't sound anything like what we have here, they obviously fiddle about with the audio sound files for the Console users, who wouldn't know a Class 40 from a Zanussi washing machine......

Oh, and my PC also gets stuck on Steam whilst installing the latest TSW updates and has done for the last few months, they appear to throttle the downloads for some reason, it's quite bizarre, so, you 'aint on your own, Squire.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-12-2019 at 05:15 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Are you playing on a lap top Vern ? I don't get any stuttering at all when running the game.

Sounds are better overall with the tweaks, but still doesn't sound like an EE Type 4.

But the wagons\tankers do a nice lot of crashing and banging.

I will probably uninstall Steam\TSW in a day or two. Far more into my Auzzie Trainz stuff at the moment.

I don't get any throttling of downloads on Steam though. But i am on BT 76mb/s fibre and i use a paid for VPN.

No Mike only on the desktop which, while not state of the art, is still fairly potent - i.e. can deal with Elite Dangerous, Fallout 4 etc. without batting an eyelid.
    Vern.