Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: TSW Screenshot Thread

Yep, think I retract my sentiments about DTG getting there with the physics.

More I listen to the sound of the 40, it actually sounds like a subdued 50 to me.

Ah well, Elite has another community goal on this week so guess I'll be spending more of my time lugging cargo in my big T10 freighter!
    Vern.

I give up Vern, just wish one of these idiot companies could get it right.

I have only ever played one space based game Vern and that was Homeworld.

Don't forget now young man, your mission is to go where no man etc etc.....................

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

But, you were the player train though you Mike, weren't you, so, you should be able to set your own road and manually navigate through the points, just like you can in TS19, well, you shouild be able to in theory, and yes the 40 brakes are crap aren't they, however, it does state in the Manual that for goods/freight trains, the brakes apply and release a little slower which minimises “snatching” (where trailing vehicles violently move back and forth in response to the brakes catching) and therefore excessive strain on the vehicle couplings, so, maybe that's why they are slow, i haven't tried on a passenger train just yet, it might be better, and what's with all the AWS functions on the locomotives, etc, there aren't any magnets on this route as it hasn't been implemented!!!
    And that message Mike is new-ish, it means that if you wait in your locomotive cab until the new time you can then carry on the journey with that same train to a new pre-determined destination, I've done it in the 40 and the 47 from Manchester to Huddersfield and then waited 10 minutes, or, so, and then carried on to Healey Mills Yard, but, you end the scenario at Mirfield, of course, unsure if the little kids get any extra achievement points for this, it's not a critical part of my entertainment package, I'm very happy to say........

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-14-2019 at 06:04 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

WHAT !!! Steve, the bloody points are player controllable in a supplied service ?

I can feel an uninstall coming on buddy. I tried the brakes in freight and passenger air mode Steve.

No difference as far as i can tell. Not sure what you mean about AWS buddy, but the loco would be fitted regardless of the route.

Nice one in regards the new service message. Do you know if you carry on with the same loco and consist. Or in true DTG fashion, get miraculously teleported to another service

Hahahahahahaha, i want nothing to do with achievements or hunting stuff, etc. In Trainz at least you can disable all that rubbish in Content Manager,

Cheers,

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

DTG haven't put AWS magnets on any part of this route apparently, Mike, which is very surprising, as I'm sure certain areas were active in the late 1970s early 1980s, however, they probably haven't got the research material reference to establish which parts to put the magnets on, so, they haven't bothered at all, it irks us railway people, especially, as you say, all the locos on the route are correctly kitted out with the AWS function, but, the Console players wouldn't be too bothered which is the catalyst for DTG to completely ignore it, presumably.

I'm not 100% sure on the route pathing on player trains now you mention it, some of the scenarios and services you can change and others you can't, so, maybe you were right all along.

Yes, this new "another service will be available at xxxx" means that if you wait in your locomotive cab until the new time you can then carry on the journey with that exact same train to a new pre-determined destination, you don't move out of your driver's seat at all, I've done it in the 40 and the 47 from Manchester to Huddersfield and then waited 8/10 minutes, or, so, and then carried on to Healey Mills Yard, but, you end the scenario at Mirfield. If you write it down carefully, you can see what time this new service starts, which doesn't change, so, it all depends on how fast, or, slow you drive your train up to that point, I've arrived 10 minutes early and sat and waited, and I've arrived 6 minutes early and sat and waited, the new departure time doesn't alter, it makes the journey a bit longer which is more entertaining.

Off to do some driving in the rain and snow today, I have my billy can topped up with tomato soup on the hotplate all ready......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-15-2019 at 05:29 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I am sure i answered this one Steve, when i replied to your Trainz post.

I read that the NTP route did not have AWS installed buddy 70's-80's

No idea if that is right though as anything not GWR-BR WR, is outside my area of interest usually.

Pathing in game again i did not try to change the path manually. I will have to look into that sometime, buddy.

The new service feature sounds very interesting. But where would i go with my consist, as i was at the end of the route Steve.

Does TSW support running around at all in it's services.

Hahahahahaha, i used to have a billy can on shed. Tea only for me though Steve. But i am partial to a drop of tomato soup.

Cheers,

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I read that the NTP route did not have AWS installed buddy 70's-80's
    No idea if that is right though as anything not GWR-BR WR, is outside my area of interest usually.

The new service feature sounds very interesting. But where would i go with my consist, as i was at the end of the route Steve.

Does TSW support running around at all in it's services.

Mike.
    I have a cab ride DVD video from Huddersfield to Wakefield Kirkgate on a DMU, it would be from Huddersfield to Mirfield on this NTP route, so, not very far, but, it has magnets installed, although, the film is from 1989, so, unsure exactly when they were put in, but, as far as the whole length from Man Vic to Leeds goes then I don't have a cab ride video from the era to check accurately, so, we'll have to concede on that one.

I haven't tried these new services when you've arrived at the two outer extremes Mike, so, unsure exactly where they would expect you to drive to from Leeds, or, Manchester, I'll check it out some time.

We can run round in some scenarios, but, I don't know about services, there are a couple where you drive more than one locomotive, the Gronk and 40, for example, but, I've not done many trips so far, I'm still busy route learning, etc, I don't want to do everything all at once and then have nowt to do for the next 6 months, this game has got to last.......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-16-2019 at 07:01 AM. Reason: re-edit

Let's get a couple of Autumnal screenies up, I like the sunshine it's very powerful on the landscape and rolling stock.

Cheerz. Steve.

Some bloke on the ukts fanboi forum who is from the area. Said a while back that AWS was installed in the late 1980's, if i remember correctly Steve. As i say buddy i don't know the route or the area, in regards the railway. When i know i am 100% right i will argue till the cows come home. Probably why i get into so much trouble on the various train game forums. In a way NTP is a good addon for me, as i have no clue as to how accurate it is, so i can enjoy it more Steve.

Knowing DTG the consist will miraculously be facing in the return direction.

I am doing route learning, i let the AI drive and just try and take in the track layouts, signalling etc. Mind i don't think i have seen a signal box at all buddy.

Excellent screenies Steve, easily the best of all the train games graphically. Shame Trainz doesn't look that good.

Cheers,

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Some bloke on the ukts fanboi forum who is from the area. Said a while back that AWS was installed in the late 1980's, if i remember correctly Steve.
    in regards the railway. When i know i am 100% right i will argue till the cows come home. Probably why i get into so much trouble on the various train game forums.
    In a way NTP is a good addon for me, as i have no clue as to how accurate it is, so i can enjoy it more Steve. Mind i don't think i have seen a signal box at all buddy.
    Excellent screenies Steve, easily the best of all the train games graphically. Shame Trainz doesn't look that good.
    Mike.
    Yeah, I know who you mean and they're no doubt correct, so, we'll have to accept that we can't hear that ''ping'' in our locomotves on this route.......

I'm the same as you Mike, they don't like proper railway people with decades of knowledge getting in the way of their meagre interpretation of how things should be, I'm no different.

NTP is reasonably accurate in as much as geographical locations, but, there is so much missing (buildings, especially) it would take them a year to put it all in, including all the signal boxes, etc, and we'd probably be charged £100 each for the offering.

Yeah, I said ages ago, if we had the looks of TSW, the AI of Trainz, the cab interiors of BVE and the physics of Run8, we'd have a brilliant Simulator.......

Cheerz. Steve.