Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TSW Screenshot Thread

Very nice Steve.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Thank you Mike.

Just enjoyed pottering about at Holbeck MPD, putting a 47 onto the fuel pump, etc, for a little while. Pity we are restricted to internal movements all the time in these depots and yards, I keep ''spading'' because we aren't allowed to go a few feet beyond a ground frame to switch junctions, I just can't understand the logic begind DTG's thinking on this issue, it spoils the game in my eyes.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 01-05-2019 at 06:12 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Lovely screenies again Steve.

Lack of real functionality, is a DTG trademark buddy.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    ..... I just can't understand the logic begind DTG's thinking on this issue, it spoils the game in my eyes.

Cheerz. Steve.
    I agree completely, Steve.

The lack of freedom in this game is what led me to quietly push it into the background.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Just some toying around with TSW and these are what I took. Just a note, the one with the DOF blur has been photoshopped as that is my laptop background pic.

Desktop Train.jpgTrain Sim World® 1_17_2019 1_51_34 PM.jpgTrain Sim World® 1_17_2019 1_45_18 PM.jpg

Just playing around on the NEC American route, the SEPTA repaint of the ACS-64 is freely available on the Dutch website.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

A British Class 08 Shunter goes about its duties around the Leeds area.

Cheerz. Steve.

Very nice Steve, to my eyes though the 08 looks like all the glass has fallen out of the windows.

Overall graphically TSW is way ahead of any of the other train games.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Thank you Mike.

Just enjoyed pottering about at Holbeck MPD, putting a 47 onto the fuel pump, etc, for a little while. Pity we are restricted to internal movements all the time in these depots and yards, I keep ''spading'' because we aren't allowed to go a few feet beyond a ground frame to switch junctions, I just can't understand the logic begind DTG's thinking on this issue, it spoils the game in my eyes.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Steve sorry to go back to this old post. But i thought the route had main line working, as well as yards buddy ?

About 10 minutes ago i was going to buy this route and the new 08 and 40 freight pack for the Northern Trans Pennine route.

But as i think you own both. I thought i would ask you about the quality of the loco models.

I have the NTP route and i really like that, so a freight addon would be a nice enhancement.

Plus when did the Class 52 get released, i must have missed that.

Cheers,

Mike.

The Class 52 Western was released for the West Somerset route nearly 5 weeks ago, Mike, I didn't bother getting it as I've had enough dawdling around at 25 mph everywhere on that route, it's bloody boring now in my eyes.

Nowt wrong with the windows on the Gronk it's a trick of the light, certainly smeared and dirty glass attached when you're in the cab, just the way the camera was pointing, that's all, but, I can see where you're coming from. I've put a screenie up at the bottom so you can see.......

The NTP has yards and mainline running, however, as always with DTG they have restricted where we can go and what we can do, which spoils the fun. They've released this freight pack, with about 66 new services, but, apart from the Newpaper trains which have tail lamps none of the oil trains, or, freight vans have any kind of tail lamps attached which is a bit of a joke when you're talking about 55 services over a 24 hour period, it's bad enough driving at night where everything is pitch black on this route, but, to have no red lamp on the end of the trains is just a joke.
    The models are fine, I'm sure Edward Fisk has been involved with the vans (you can open the doors on them which is very smart) and TEA tankers, and also the Class 08 Shunter which has both air and vacuum brake settings, as he also did the Gronks in the Woodhead BR Blue DLC pack which went down quite well. You get about 11 services with the Shunter, the Class 40s are OK, the idling whistle isn't quite what I expected, but, they sound good on full bore when you have your volume turned up. I've just done the oil consist working 6E36 at 11.31 from Stalybridge to Huddersfield, which is only about 45 minutes long, but, a single loco on 13 loaded 100t TEA tanks going uphill for about 10 miles is quite entertaining. I'll put some screenshots up in a bit of the 40 with discs, which you can manually change with your mouse when you get your driver to stand at the front of the loco, to be fair at £12 it isn't a bad pack, not quite 10/10, but, not far off.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-07-2019 at 04:44 PM. Reason: re-edit