Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to adjust/lift terrain to meet track

Lightbulb want to adjust/lift terrain to meet track

I want to lift the terrain to match the track as I am making a causeway crossing, mountain inclines and etc. How does one set this? It was so easy in MSTS Route Tool. Also, turning items as one could in MSTS. All I can do with items is rotate 90 deg intervals.

Press F to match terrain to any object.

The numpad arrow keys can move and rotate objects (be sure to press R to enter rotate mode, andthe E when you're done), as can the Transform menu

ok
    great
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldno42 View Post
    ok
    great
    thanks
    The default embankments and cuttings of MSTS RE are still better & more flexible imo than TSRE. However the other terrain tools TSRE features more than out do what MSTS RE comes with

The default embankments and cuttings of MSTS RE are still better & more flexible imo than TSRE.
    This statement is not correct!

https://www.tssf.eu/forum/index.php?...8407#msg188407
    https://www.tssf.eu/forum/index.php?...6341#msg186341
    http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...80#entry217080

Oh you misunderstand. I fully agree the terrain tools in TSRE far outbenefit that which comes in MSTS RE. I was being specific to the embankment & cutting tools, which are decent, but not as flexible as MSTS RE, resulting in requiring to make manual adjustments. I do understand if your being particular, even the MSTS RE embankments & cuttings need fine tuning, but most of the time I am quite satisfied with what they output, as opposed to TSRE where they dont really work properly.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...g-misbehaving/

Never had a complaint Joe.
    The TSRE embank and cutting work ok for me.
    It all depends on getting familiar with the settings. That took a while but a LOT less time than it took me to get the MSTS editor to play nice.
    I DO agree the width with only 3 choices could be better, possibly adding 2 more positions on the slider might be a possible fix.

All in all TSRE is miles ahead with terrain tools. The embankment tools are okay when you find a setting that works for you.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Never had a complaint Joe.
    The TSRE embank and cutting work ok for me.
    It all depends on getting familiar with the settings. That took a while but a LOT less time than it took me to get the MSTS editor to play nice.
    I DO agree the width with only 3 choices could be better, possibly adding 2 more positions on the slider might be a possible fix.

All in all TSRE is miles ahead with terrain tools. The embankment tools are okay when you find a setting that works for you.

regards,
    I have spent plenty of time with the settings Vince. The results are less consistent than RE for sure, and at times leading to strange outcomes! RE throws a fit with very extreme settings (too narrow width, to high/low angle) while TSRE has a very narrow range of settings to use that changes per route/per tile/per object orientation.

I still use it though, when it plays nice, and alternately either lay NR embankment pieces or manually build them with the paint on terrain tools. Its 1 of the features I'd wish gets polished, in an otherwise vast improvement over MSTS RE.

Speaking of which, is Goku still working on the editor? He seems to have taken a break lately eh?

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    Oh you misunderstand. I fully agree the terrain tools in TSRE far outbenefit that which comes in MSTS RE. I was being specific to the embankment & cutting tools, which are decent, but not as flexible as MSTS RE, resulting in requiring to make manual adjustments. I do understand if your being particular, even the MSTS RE embankments & cuttings need fine tuning, but most of the time I am quite satisfied with what they output, as opposed to TSRE where they dont really work properly.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...g-misbehaving/
    For me TSRE embankment & cutting tools works the same way as in MSRE. Don't know what is your problem and how can I reproduce the weird stuff from your video. So, can't help.
    The range of values is better in TSRE than in MSRE, I think ..

On the video I see that you mostly play with "size" attribute. In MSTS it's fixed to 2 and editing it is useless in most cases.
    Last edited by GokuMK; 01-03-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    For me TSRE embankment & cutting tools works the same way as in MSRE. Don't know what is your problem and how can I reproduce the weird stuff from your video. So, can't help.
    The range of values is better in TSRE than in MSRE, I think ..

On the video I see that you mostly play with "size" attribute. In MSTS it's fixed to 2 and editing it is useless in most cases.
    I am more than glad to share the tiles with yourself or anyone else to try, perhaps its my laptop itself??? I don't have any other machine that I can use at the moment.

In MSTS the "size" corresponds to "width" & is adjustable all the way from 5 to 50 & more.