Thread: Removing TDB that doesn't exist/ Signal linkage

Default Removing TDB that doesn't exist/ Signal linkage

MSTS editors and tools crashes on load up, so I can't make activities with the AE editor.

1. I wanted to know how to remove TDB entries that are existent with no track placed. Basically the yellow line with no track under it.

2. I also wanted clarification on linking signals. IF it says NULL, do you have to keep the box checked so that it says link or can you just leave it as NULL and not link it to any track.

Attached is the log of Errors. Just finished speeds on the keystone corridor and working on Septa regional rail but cannot make activities cause my AE crashes on startup.

OpenRailsLog.txt

If a signal link says NULL, you can leave it alone. It won't do anything since it isn't selected. As for the rogue track vectors, there's a way, but I'm not very familiar with it, so I don't want to risk giving bad advice

Here's how:

1. Set pointer to stick to everything. This way it's ez to position pointer at blue/yellow intersection.
    2. Attach a track piece to the rogue tdb line at the blue pole. I use 30dtram cure. Short and ez to tip up for visibility above terrain.
    3. press Z to activate the new track into the tdb. Yellow tdb line attaches to the rogue yellow tdb line.
    4. select the new track you just installed.
    5. press the HACKS button. Two choices now and a wrong one will pretty much destroy the route!
    a. Remove Vector -or-
    b. Remove tdb tree.
    6. Single rogue blue poles can't be removed by this method. As soo as you do step 3, TSRE crashes because it's a track endnode all alone and TSRE does not like that. The rogue pole is removed by another method which is too much for a post here.
    Signal links: If Link x Head is checked and you don't set a link you will not be able to pass the signal.
    Unchecked Link Head is ok.

btw, I have been two years modding the PRR East. Major changes. New Zoo & Altoona, working turntables and a re-worked NEC and I had very similar errors.
    Pretty much a horror fixing them. Two years worth!
    The route is in beta test right now.
    regards
    Last edited by Vince; 01-01-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Here's how:

1. Set pointer to stick to everything. This way it's ez to position pointer at blue/yellow intersection.
    2. Attach a track piece to the rogue tdb line at the blue pole. I use 30dtram cure. Short and ez to tip up for visibility above terrain.
    3. press Z to activate the new track into the tdb. Yellow tdb line attaches to the rogue yellow tdb line.
    4. select the new track you just installed.
    5. press the HACKS button. Two choices now and a wrong one will pretty much destroy the route!
    a. Remove Vector -or-
    b. Remove tdb tree.
    6. Single rogue blue poles can't be removed by this method. As soo as you do step 3, TSRE crashes because it's a track endnode all alone and TSRE does not like that. The rogue pole is removed by another method which is too much for a post here.
    Signal links: If Link x Head is checked and you don't set a link you will not be able to pass the signal.
    Unchecked Link Head is ok.

btw, I have been two years modding the PRR East. Major changes. New Zoo & Altoona, working turntables and a re-worked NEC and I had very similar errors.
    Pretty much a horror fixing them. Two years worth!
    The route is in beta test right now.
    regards
    Alrighty sounds simple enough. I'll back up my current TDB, and test both methods out. I do remember TSRE crashing when removing the lines manually via the TDB file. Guess numerical order is everything xD.

Vince, could you reply there with a link to solutions of this problem?
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...lly-disappears
    I can't find the topic where we discussed this case.

Vince..........Thanks a ton for your step by step instruction......saved my route! Appreciate it greatly!

CG
    CG

Hi Goku,

Done.
    I'll try to find the discussion.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"