Thread: How can I tell................

Default How can I tell................

............what "real" rolling stock (including locos) I have, as distinct from the "placeholder" stock?

I want to buy some more packs but am unsure as to what I have already bought!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Hi seagoon

CTRL+F1 - This applies to Amtrak, Locomotives, Freight Rolling Stock, - Everything you don't own or have not installed will be in medium grey highlighted bar.

Now all Locomotives you have installed will be in orange bar highlight, and all Amtrak and Freight Rolling Stock installed will have no highlight bar.

As an experiment build a Train with all the grey highlighted bars and place on track it should be default Run8 scheme.

Just to clarify everything that Run8 has released is in the list regardless of whether you own it or not.

Cheers

Thank you....I'll give it a shot.

Happy New year to you.

UPDATE:
    Okay.....I went through the various screens and understand the procedure.
    What was confusing me is that everything is prefixed "R8"........which gave me the impression that everything was the Run 8 placeholder stock.

Why they had to use that prefix for the real-life models is beyond me!
    Last edited by seagoon; 01-04-2019 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Speeling
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Well.......
    I was ready to spend around US$80 buying a selection of real-life rolling stock - well-cars, centre-beams, reefers, gondolas and piggy-backs - went into the "shop" and was quickly reminded that a separate transaction has to be done for each pack; there is no "shopping cart".

So I went back out the door, not wanting to stuff around doing five individual transactions.

Every other multiple purchase I have made online over the past few years has a cart capability.

Really, fellers, it is 2019, not 1919.
    Time to update your point-of-sale system.

I'm suprised you can remember 1919 Bruce, you were only 10 years old.

Know what you mean though. I bought all the extra routes and rolling stock for Run 8, in one binge.

Bit off putting having to make each transaction individually.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I'm suprised you can remember 1919 Bruce, you were only 10 years old. ...
    Get stuffed, you Welsh git!!

It's just annoying, Mike....and quite possibly sales-limiting, if my reaction is anything to go by.

The days when we walked into a shop, bought a bottle of milk, paid for that, then bought a loaf of bread, paid for that, then bought some tea, paid for that, then bought some sugar, paid for that.........

..........well, that was back in 1919.

Originally Posted by Seagoon

Really, fellers, it is 2019, not 1919.
    Time to update your point-of-sale system.
    Yes it's very antiquated and painfull, this type of system belongs in a online museum - "Look Kiddies this how they used to make online purchases" - "Daddy did you ever use this system?" - "NO don't be silly, I'm not that old" LOL .

Jokes aside Seagoon why not just purchase on or two pieces every now and then, that's what I have done usually on a weekend which has been fun.

Looking over what you have been considering buying,I would go with the two wellcar packs and if you don't own the SD70Ace pack get that as well then you can build some domestic container trains using CSX, Swift, UPS, containers etc and the locomotives will add colour and variety to your run8 world.

What ever you do decide to do always check the final price with a currency convertor, the current exchange rate is not good for us Aussie's at the moment.

Buy and enjoy Mate

Cheers

Yeah, Western......I'll more than likely do as you've suggested. May even make a purchase tonight, using your recommendation.

Hahahahahahaha, sounds like me Bruce.

Welsh and a git, buddy.

Very annoying Bruce, like the old days before supermarkets.

Up and down the high street, buying one thing at a time.

As you so rightly said, although i remember it from 1930.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Don't the have personal shoppers for you old farts

Thanks

Sean