Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testing Out Talgo's...

Holy crap!! Looks like I'm saying goodbye to my hand-repainted trensim models soon. Making series 8 too?
    Last edited by J.A.V.; 01-12-2019 at 02:31 AM.
    Redefined for better content craftsmanship.

2. Default

Yup, the set will have two full train sets in it. And will be available at both Mapleleaftracks.com & Tigertrains.com...

Toronto Mainline Trains
    www.torontomainlinetrains.ca
    www.mapleleaftracks.com A Division Of Toronto Mainline Trains
    Subscribe Youtube
    Like Us On Facebook
    Follow Us On Twitter

Redefined for better content craftsmanship.

Will the Talgo sets have passenger views?
    "Great expectations lead to greater disappointments." - Me

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wooohooo View Post
    Will the Talgo sets have passenger views?
    Maybe... LOL ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOF_KZEy3r8
    Toronto Mainline Trains
    www.torontomainlinetrains.ca
    www.mapleleaftracks.com A Division Of Toronto Mainline Trains
    Subscribe Youtube
    Like Us On Facebook
    Follow Us On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoMainlineTrains View Post

Hate to ask a silly question Ian but what are the protrusions on the front and end of the cars? Are they just for cosmetics?

The flares on the end cars are supposedly there for drag reduction due to the significantly lower roof profile of the Talgos.... They line up with F59's which have a higher roofline, but even in real life, they don't quite line up with the roof of the Chargers or P42's.

The side flares help reduce turbulent air coming off the roof of the forward engine, and also help deflect air (functioning like an air dam on a semi tractor) up and over the roof of the trailing engine.
    Last edited by eolesen; 01-13-2019 at 01:27 PM.

The protrusions are tail fins.

The most notable difference is the older Series VI trainsets have 7-foot-tall (2.1 m) tail fins at both ends of the train that serve as an aesthetic transition from the low-profile trainsets and the larger locomotives.[29]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amtrak_Cascades

Hidden beneath the 7-foot-tall tail fins at both ends of the train are baggage and service cars, which supply the electricity and lights.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that there is already a high quality model of the Talgo Coaches in the file library and also the Fins for them. They're not in the correct livery as shown above but the models look very similar.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that there is already a high quality model of the Talgo Coaches in the file library and also the Fins for them. They're not in the correct livery as shown above but the models look very similar.
    That's the thing though, those HAVE been there for ages. But the creator hasn't allowed reskins, and from what I recall, every attempt to contact the Talgo creator, even off of European MSTS sites, has failed to get a response. Thus with no reskin allowance, Cascades sets isn't possible unless you do it yourself for yourself.

Also, Toronto Mainline Trains? PHENOMENAL video! At this point my wallet for my next paycheck is already crying. Looking forward to getting ahold of these, and thank you for the very hard work!