Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSTS Will Not Run on Windows 10

When the resolution of your screen exceeds 2048 pixels Microsoft Train Simulator will crash on startup. To avoid this crash copy file D3DIM700.DLL to your installation at default path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator

This patch is contained in msts-widescreen-patch.zip

The developer site for the patch is at https://github.com/UCyborg/LegacyD3DResolutionHack

Quote Originally Posted by cdenny50 View Post
    When the resolution of your screen exceeds 2048 pixels Microsoft Train Simulator will crash on startup. To avoid this crash copy file D3DIM700.DLL to your installation at default path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator

The developer site for the patch is at https://github.com/UCyborg/LegacyD3DResolutionHack
    Can somebody sticky this - either in this area or in the Help area? Thanks.

Sir you are a life saver. DLL installed and the sim and Editors live again. A shame this forum doesn't have a "rep" system but somewhere in time I would like to buy you a pint of the Landlord's finest ale.

Can somebody sticky this - either in this area or in the Help area? Thanks.
    Amen to that...
    Vern.

A slight update to the above...

Although the above fix allowed me to get the sim and editor suite running, on opening the Activity Editor none of the buttons on the child pop up windows would work, so no way of entering new service etc. details. Also unable to exit the AE without Ctrl-Alt-Del. Will continue to fiddle around and see if it can be made to work but not holding my breath.

If any of the OR team are reading this, if you want to broaden the appeal of your offering then sooner rather than later you need to look at coding up an Activity/Scenario editor for the game!
    Vern.

Vern,

TSRE has an activity editor included in it. I haven't used it yet, but it's a work in progress. Several features aren't quite ready yet, but it'll get there, I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Vern,

TSRE has an activity editor included in it. I haven't used it yet, but it's a work in progress. Several features aren't quite ready yet, but it'll get there, I'm sure
    I'm aware of that one thanks. However it has a couple of fairly major shortfalls - it can't do new paths and I can't see a way to make it calculate the timetable or accept your list of station stops. On a minor note, the interface doesn't seem quite as intuitive as the MSTS one.
    Vern.

7. Default

I realize I'm digging up an old thread (sorry), but this saved my bacon as well.

I don't know if this has been included on Steam4Me yet, but it really should be.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show