Thread: BNSF Locomotives by Danny Beck.

Default BNSF Locomotives by Danny Beck.

I am confused. I know Danny gave us his locomotives to use freely. But I was shown a thread I did not know about that talks about the BNSF GP38 SD40-2 and the Dash 9 https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...light=donating

So I am to guess that these units are also free to the community as well?

Do a search in the library for danny_beck*.zip

Those files each include a readme which states:

"These are files I am releasing to the public from my personal library. I (Danny Beck) am the original author of these files and have decided to make them freeware. Feel free to reskin them as you like. Feel free to share these files as you like.
    Contained are only the .S and .ACE files. You will need to create your own phyics files, sound files, etc. Streamlines or myself are not
    responsible for offering support regarding these files.

Enjoy!"

Other reskinners have already released complete downloads using those shapes, which would appear to validate the idea that they are free to the community.

Also, please note that those shape files are as Danny Beck provided to SLI, and SLI had the prerogative to modify them as they saw fit. For that reason, there are occasional slight differences between the shapes in these downloads and the shapes as released by SLI. It is imperative, therefore, to make sure that the shapes released with any reskins actually come from these files uploaded on behalf Danny Beck.

That one caveat notwithstanding, please feel free to reskin till your heart's content. Bring on the reskins!

Yes, I was looking at that and I am seriously thinking of some making some Southern Pacific Dash 9 series that for some reason we are lacking on the better model.