Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something really big is coming.

Cool Something really big is coming.

Coming to rails near you soon.

Some might well be aware that I've got a long history doing UPRR steam repaints on the NALW models. Hopefully my NALW license is valid to cover this beauty. Can't get any kind of responses from them guys these days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

UP 4014 should be available tomorrow or the next day.

Robert

First test run
    4014.JPG
    Jim

Jim, He looks absolutely beautiful. I think this is my best repaint to date.

The one consist needs the yellow water tender. It's one of my earlier uploads. upyelten.zip. I should have switched them back before uploading the 4014. I never gave it a second thought. Thanks for catching my mistake.

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 05-08-2019 at 02:51 PM.

It was my mistake not yours, I have it fixed now.
    4014a.JPG
    Jim

Jim, Actually the supplied consist in the pack for 4014 is faulty if one doesn't already have my upyelten.zip installed. I will issue a patch for this inconvenience.

Robert

I'm having a problem with all of the texture of the locomotive showing up in open rails. Do I need to edit it through a shape viewer program to fix it or how do I do it? Part of the loco shows up and part of it is missing. Please let me know. Thanks A Lot!

So, what part is missing?. A picture would help.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

I am not sure what the OP is trying to explain? I need to see some kind of picture of the problem. These models are very old and were built for MSTS. They may not work in ORTS. I don't think ORTS has yet fixed the problems with articulated steam locomotives either.

Is there any interest in more UP steam? I've got planned 4 or 5 challengers, BB 4018, FEF 833? A couple of those challengers are gray hounds I plan on doing including fixing 3977 so it has the yellow striping like it does in preservation.

Robert

I've been crawling through my collection of UP steam recently. The UPSTEAM collection from NALW had a bunch of known problems, even in MSTS, and a bunch of official (?) and unofficial patches were released as well as individual locomotives (repaints?). I think I have them all, but am not sure. Anybody have a complete inventory, noting what supersedes or patches what? More and better repaints, especially if they include all the relevant patches (and especially OR tweaks), are always welcome!

A similar pack is the VT pack of SP cab-forwards. Like the UPSTEAM pack, they have a bunch of problems (especially steam leaks that affect power) that were fixed in some unofficial patches. Then, a bunch of other individual locomotives (repaints?) came out but I'm not sure if they include the patched files. Again, a good inventory with diffs would be helpful.

Finally, there's 4449. It seems like there are at least 1/2 dozen versions of it just in Daylight paint in the f/l. Not sure which ones are legit repaints or otherwise, and what patches if any to the .eng file were done along the line. A nice, clean reissue for OR in Daylight and normal black would be much appreciated!