Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When it all comes together - Monogame/ReShade

Scott, can you refresh my memory - how do I get your preset up and functional? Do I delete the original Reshade.cfg, and rename yours? Can't recall how to get it active.

Thanks so much!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Scott, can you refresh my memory - how do I get your preset up and functional? Do I delete the original Reshade.cfg, and rename yours? Can't recall how to get it active.

Thanks so much!
    Hi Neil,

No - don't delete anything...

Two ways - during the ReShade install - after the shaders download - click on the big button to edit settings before exiting the installer - this allows you to set the basics for ReShade including which preset to use - I normally change the interface key to [Ctrl][Home], the printer to [Ctrl][Print Scrn], the MODE to "Performance", and to "not use the tutorial" at this time as well...

If you are already done with the install - launch ORTS and press the default hotkey [Home] to open the interface - along the top you should see a menu choice for "Settings" - simply click that and change your preset in the respective setting there - you can store the preset wherever you want - if you store it in the ORTS directory it will be erased during the next update...

Regards,
    Scott

Ok, I squared up - got yours to where I can see and edit the values in the GUI.
    Now, my issues still exist - see thee pics where things like the overhead wires, antenna poles, and even the fence - you can see the posts, but not the actual fencing. Also prevalent on distant track. All of this renders like there is no AA, and shimmers like hell when I am moving around, in the train or using a free camera. Any advice????:

Damn, the screenshots come out small by default. I can get better ones if needed - let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Default When it all comes together - Monogame/ReShade

Hi Neil,

Yeah - not really able to see much due to the resolution but that’s not going to help - LOL - I believe you...

What I would do - is go back into the settings screen where you can see all the shaders - unselect them all - I’m pretty sure I only use four - so uncheck the four boxes - does it fix anything ? See if it’s a shader specific issue - or - a basic ReShade infrastructure issue...

If anything changes - see which one is causing the issue...

The other thing I’d try - is remove all the shaders from the shader directory - the interface actually recommends you only install what you use - I load them all by default - maybe just leave one shader file in the directory to make sure having zero is at an issue as well... Maybe one of the bunch is causing your issue on ATI - even though they’re not active ?

Just what I can think of...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk