Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When it all comes together - Monogame/ReShade

Default When it all comes together - Monogame/ReShade

Hi Folks,

Well - about all I can do for this weekend - put it all together in a quick video... This started as an experiment to see how good ORTS could look with decent (desaturated color) textures on both Terrtex and foliage textures...

Monogame ORTS.
    ReShade with my own preset.
    ORTS brightness set to 120%..
    Desaturated Custom Foliage and Terrtex Textures.
    A brand new custom skydome1.png - specifically tuned for my ReShade profile - although it looks fine in XNA as well.

Brought to you by the skill, dedication, and hard work of the ORTS Development Team - thank you kindly - gents !

More B&M on Paul’s modified CT River
    https://youtu.be/JAt8SlDjx4o

Note: The stutters are video recording induced and they don’t appear in the sim...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scottb613; 01-20-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Nice work Scott. OR definitely needs some .ini or txt Reshade presets made specifically for OR. I've been using presets made for other train simulators, that look okay, but we definitely need a selection of presets made for OR.

At the very least a how-to on the making of presets intended for use with ReShade. Maybe someone with aptitude in that direction will begin the task.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Real nice, Scott! One of these days hope I can get MG to work on my machine.
    Oh, and great looking skydome too!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Hi Gerry,

Modding the ReShade settings is super simple - once you figure out the all the various shader settings are mouse "click and drag" - I spent like a month painfully typing numbers before I realized this... By default [Shift][F2] opens the config tool - uncheck "Performance Mode" then look at the massive lists of shaders - each one has a simple "on/off" radio box to the left - with the associated setting listed below it... I just go down the list clicking the radio buttons on and off to see what they do and if it's something that might help to get the look I'm trying to achieve... If it is - I start playing with the sliders... All the changes are real time so you can see the results... Check the "Performance Mode" again when done... That's it... My profile only uses four shaders out of the 50 or more included... I just installed the newest version of ReShade and the interface is a bit difference than the older version I ran - I like it better...

As for the shaders - less is more - it's real easy to go overboard - try to be subtle - just my two cents...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Nice work Scott. OR definitely needs some .ini or txt Reshade presets made specifically for OR. I've been using presets made for other train simulators, that look okay, but we definitely need a selection of presets made for OR.

At the very least a how-to on the making of presets intended for use with ReShade. Maybe someone with aptitude in that direction will begin the task.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Real nice, Scott! One of these days hope I can get MG to work on my machine.
    Oh, and great looking skydome too!
    Hi Neal,

Thanks !

I hope you get Monogame working somehow as well - as ORTS is moving to it fully at some point in the near future... From my experience - everything is better with Monogame - including my frame rates...

I uploaded the Skydome over on Elvas - Beta Section - it's a huge 8000x8000 and looks pretty darn good to me - if I do say so myself... Also has my most up to date ReShade profile for those that use it...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 01-21-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Gerry,

Modding the ReShade settings is super simple - once you figure out the all the various shader settings are mouse "click and drag"...
    Regards,
    Scott
    Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the mini tutorial, I understand, easier than I imagined. Good advice about keeping it subtle. Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hello!

I hope that it is not a problem to post here, but I don't want to start a new thread just because of this issue that I am experiencing.

Could you give me a pointer on why Reshade does not work for me? I have a new computer, ORTS Monogame (which works perfectly), but Reshade just won't start up. I installed it according to the instructions, but it does not work.

I would have posted this question at Elvas tower, but that forum is the most complicated/restrictive forum that I have experienced in my 20 years online. I now cannot log in with my account, I cannot create a new account and I cannot contact administrators.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Ghost View Post
    Hello!

I hope that it is not a problem to post here, but I don't want to start a new thread just because of this issue that I am experiencing.

Could you give me a pointer on why Reshade does not work for me? I have a new computer, ORTS Monogame (which works perfectly), but Reshade just won't start up. I installed it according to the instructions, but it does not work.

I would have posted this question at Elvas tower, but that forum is the most complicated/restrictive forum that I have experienced in my 20 years online. I now cannot log in with my account, I cannot create a new account and I cannot contact administrators.
    Hi Borislav,

Do you have an ATI video card - I believe Neil had issues because of that - I haven't heard of anyone having issues with NVidia...

This is the install directions I posted on Elvas (ignore the get Monogame ORTS portion - as now Monogame is included with the latest experimental builds of the production ORTS) - just make sure you select the latest experimental build in the ORTS settings:

To start with - get the latest "Monogame" ORTS here - has to be Monogame - the old XNA version will not work:

http://www.elvastowe...post__p__244071

Install the MG ORTS separate from your default ORTS - can't be in the same folder...

Then go to "ReShade" and download the latest version of software:

https://reshade.me/

Then run the installer for ReShade and point it to your "MONOGAME" executable - "OpenRails.exe"

In the ReShade installer select the middle option for shaders "Direct3D 10+" - that's it - it's installed...

When you start MG ORTS you should then see a new ReShade banner as the program starts - it tells you which key to press once your in game to open the interface... All changes are dynamic and you need to be fully in game with a session running to connect...

If you want to use my preset - put it wherever you want - open the ReShade interface - in game - and select the "preset" path in the correct field...

I set my ORTS brightness to 120% - looks good on my machine...
    I just updated ORTS and installed ReShade again this morning - now required for each ORTS as it seems their updater purges all the old files before installing new...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 10-06-2019 at 10:41 AM.

These are my computer specifications:

MSI B450M PRO-M2
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3,60 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB DDR6
    16GB DDR4 Crucial
    240GB Crucial SSD
    1TB Seagate HDD
    Win 10 Home 64-bit

I followed those same instructions that you posted at Elvas tower, the Reshade installation folder is present in ORTS folder, but it does not activate with the game. I tried Shift+F2, but to no avail.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif