Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A real Tutorial for making Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    ....(reminds me of the saying "Last year I thought I was indecisive; this year I'm not so sure").

I haven't come across that saying before, Phil.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Ditherers like Vern
    Not really a ditherer, fanboi or hater. Trainz still has the edge when it comes to building routes and I'm working on a couple at the moment which I hope to see through to completion. There's also a really nice layout in this month's Railway Modeller (Catesby & Dent) which has caught my eye to go on the shortlist as a potential MR project.

However I am with Mike when it comes to setting up structured activities. It is possible but brain aching and tedious. I managed it for my "Water Of Coate" route which I put on the DLS last year and managed to get 5 or 6 trains lapping the circuit simultaneously. That was for AI though and where Trainz still falls down is not having a simple interface to set up a player activity such as we can do in MSTS or DTGTS (or even Zusi 2) and have the sim autonomously route and dispatch you.
    Vern.

No idea how i can be a hater when i have been purchasing Auran's-N3V's crap product for over 17 years.

Sceptic yes because N3V always talk a good fight, then fall over in the first round.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

...and I just got bitten again by TRS2019. Loaded up a route I was working on to see the old spline deleting bug after exit and reload is still there. Uninstalled and gone back to TANE SP1 which seems to be the last stable iteration of the current epoch of the game.
    Vern.

Not good Vern, not even installed here and hasn't been since i said i had finished with it.

And to be honest i don't miss it one bit, buddy.

I spent £150 on the Il2-Sturmorvik Great Battles games. Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatt.

Got them in their sale at the begining of this month. far more into killing people at the moment.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I agree Mike, the whole train simming thing is going a bit sour at the moment, at least so far as route building is concerned. I'm having more fun playing a couple of strategy games on the tablet and jumping between Fallout 4 (to do my killing) and Farm Sim 17 on the PC.
    Vern.

And you guys have the termacity to disagree with my assessment of haters, sceptics and ditherers (no offence intended)?

I think you mean tenacity, Phil.

Prefer to be a sceptic, than a deaf, dumb and blind fanbois (no offence intended).

Mike.

I think you mean "temerity", Mike.

temerityDictionary result for temerity

/tɪˈmɛrɪti/
    noun
    noun: temerity
    excessive confidence or boldness; audacity.
    "no one had the temerity to question his conclusions"

synonyms: audacity, boldness, audaciousness, nerve, effrontery, impudence, impertinence, cheek, barefaced cheek, gall, presumption, presumptuousness, brazenness, forwardness, front, rashness; daring;
    informalface, neck, brass neck, brass;
    informalchutzpah;
    informalhide;
    informalcrust;
    rareprocacity, assumption
    "I doubt anyone will have the temerity to print these accusations"

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Yeah that's the one Bruce.

Mind in my world, i am more likely to say to say "the boll**ks"

Mike.