Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ORTS Version of TrainSimulations Seligman Sub 2.0

Default ORTS Version of TrainSimulations Seligman Sub 2.0

TrainSimulations has released an ORTS Version of the BNSF Seligman Sub 2.0. There is the full route version or, for those who purchased the BNSF 2.0 Version, there is an upgrade.

My notes:

No trouble with the new cart situation. I received one email that had a PDF attachment that was the invoice that included order number and download link. There was no download code included as I purchased the upgrade, and my prior BNSF Seligman code worked as it should with a simple copy and paste.

Please note that your card statement will list "DRI*WWW.SHAREIT.INFO". That would be rather ominous if your spouse ever opened the credit card bill and saw a charge from THAT entity before you got around to 'splaining'. Internet people, go figure.

I only had an Open Rails Testing folder, and the installation process balked because it didn't see a stable version 1.3.1, and I had no choice to let the route installer install another copy of Open Rails on my content drive. Would not let me skip that at all. Had the installer dump the route into a temporary folder as I will probably be moving it around to an existing ORTS installation later. No separate installer for Xtracks, it just created the GLOBAL, ROUTES and TRAINS folders in the Temp spot. Download was 959 mb, so the upgrade was pretty much a full route. Unzipped it was 1.4 gb or so. NO ace files whatsoever, everything was DDS including the Terrtexes.

More than enough new stuff (either skins or models or activities or physics) to justify the $13. Some are repaints of newer models that came with the MILW or UP Feather River packs. The TwinStack comes with a few more filleted wells (but not a completely filleted car yet).

The only flub was an SD70ACe number from the non-isolated cab series (9330-9399) on an isolated cab model. Easily user fixable if it bugs ya. Also note with the adjoining 6042 that the F/A for the ES44AC now includes the brakewheel! (missing on the previous MSTS version release and never was easily user fixable)

I just purchased the upgrade, and want to make sure I've downloaded and installed it correctly, as I'm a little unsure as to the process. So, I've ended up with both a "BNSF_Seligman2" and a "BNSF_Seligman_ORTS" route folders? Is that correct, or do I install the contents of the upgrade to the BNSF Seligman2 folder, and override? Thanks for any explanation.

Do activities written for the previous BNSF Seligman Sub 2.0 work on the new one?

By default the installer creates its own separate ORTS installation in a folder named presumably for all future TS routes built for OR so there should be no overwriting between this and the MSTS version. You or anyone else, however, could change it or move it to however you wanted things laid out, but then its on you to get things to blend or coexist or edit any third party acts that may be distributed later by others because of your customization.

Nice upgrade,well worth the price 12.99 US. Installed easily,I did separate it from the original in its own folder. Pointed ORTS to it and that was it. New activities and rolling stock. Good show Trainsimulations.

Yes it is worth the price of $13...($14 with tax) and specially a big improvement on sounds. Gave it a good run last night and my wife thought I was watching a video of a real train. She said it sounded like the real deal. Excellent job Train Simulations
    I look forward to your next release.
    Roburt

Perhaps a stupid question, but is there a reason to keep the MSTS version after I installed the ORTS?

I keep it for the activity editor to make activities.