Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ORTS Version of TrainSimulations Seligman Sub 2.0

OR Seligman installed with no problems. Runs on OR 4334 Mono.

Ran the Southwest Chief last night from Winslow to Flagstaff with no problem, except --- There were three A1 trains backed up at Williams for no apparent reason. 49 had a green signal but did not move until I took control and started it moving. Then all three got under way.
    Russ G

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." James Joyce

Hi Russ,

During testing, we encountered a strange anomaly, whereby the AI trains would just stop somewhere, for no apparent reason. Often times they would clear themselves and move along, but other times they didn't. Honestly, I am stumped as to why they even did that to begin with.

Cheers,
    Jason

Open Rails 2019-01-29 01-51-13.jpgDispatcher, this is 4160 Pheunix, Westbound. We have a broken coupler(s) between 3rd and 4th car. Will be delayed while we get them moved. OUT!

Happens with this consist whenever it is used.
    Russ G

AHH HAA ! Figured that one out. New physics.
    Russ G

Red face

Jason,

Yes, some strange things happening. On the "Pheonix 4160" I ran into a problem following A1 at Diablo Canyon. The a1 was routed on to the track where Consist 32842 was sitting. Tried to reroute to the right track and Behold, it worked, BUT a strange A146 appered heading in the opposite direction for a meet wit the Player.

One hell of a way to run a Railroad
    Russ G

Quote Originally Posted by jdilworth View Post
    The alerter doesn't sound right away. If you are running in the cab view, the alerter will flash for about 10-20 seconds, before the ear piercing racket. This is consistent with how alerters work on the prototype.

Cheers,
    Jason
    That's what I thought too, Jason, but it got to the point where the alerter timed out and the train went into emergency braking.

Anyway....that doesn't detract from the fact that the route is great.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Jason, is there a way to change the directory path, say if it was placed in the wrong folder? I have a BNSF folder for my ORTS system, but after discovering that the exe creates a standalone folder, I am unable to move it without mucking something up.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Quote Originally Posted by jdilworth View Post
    Hi Russ,

During testing, we encountered a strange anomaly, whereby the AI trains would just stop somewhere, for no apparent reason. Often times they would clear themselves and move along, but other times they didn't. Honestly, I am stumped as to why they even did that to begin with.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Jason, wonderful work on the route, and much appreciated discount for people who have purchased earlier versions, generous, thanks.

Pertaining to some strange behavior by AI's, did you guys use the OR log to spot potential problems with activities, route, shapes, or other issues.
    I'm getting warnings - no fatal errors - so that is good.

Here's a sample that may show why the AI behavior is strange, from the log: ( I have all the recommended option boxes, checked)
    Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 39 at section 440 : overlaps with other passing path

Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 39 at section 436 : overlaps with other passing path

Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 39 at section 416 : overlaps with other passing path

Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 40 at section 440 : overlaps with other passing path

Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 40 at section 436 : overlaps with other passing path

Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 40 at section 416 : overlaps with other passing path

Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 42 at section 440 : overlaps with other passing path

Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 42 at section 436 : overlaps with other passing path

Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 42 at section 416 : overlaps with other....and so forth, quite a few
    Would be good if everyone that got the new route, and found problems - whatever they are - checked their logs, could prove enlightening.
    The OR log ( found on the desktop, by default ) is a valuable troubleshooting tool.

Again, this route is a step up, thanks. Best Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by woodfyr View Post
    Jason,

Yes, some strange things happening. On the "Pheonix 4160" I ran into a problem following A1 at Diablo Canyon. The a1 was routed on to the track where Consist 32842 was sitting. Tried to reroute to the right track and Behold, it worked, BUT a strange A146 appered heading in the opposite direction for a meet wit the Player.

One hell of a way to run a Railroad
    The loose consist was placed on the AI path, moving the AI won't solve the problem, probably just make further complications ( as you experienced) - the loose consist has to be moved. At least that's my impression...you will need to use the Activity editor part of TSRE to make the correction.

bandicam 2019-01-29 13-23-43-431.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Easier to just delete the loose consist for now from the ACT file.

Also, the timings between the ACT and TRF are out of sync for the bottom 6 or so AI entries for the Phoenix act. I simply changed the time values in the TRF to match the ACT for now, haven't run it to see what the impact is