Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Northern California's Historic Shortline in ORTS

After running around the line, the regular Lombard-Schellville power returns to American Canyon and Lombard Yard. Today though, they had issues with the "lead" unit and so are running around the wye to make CFNR103 the lead unit for tomorrow. At the end, they're going to shove the CFNR108 into the end of Track 3 of the diesel facility so that maintenance can take a look at the issue.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

As I gassed up in American Canyon on the way home, I heard the faint horn of 108 coming out of Jameson Canyon. Knowing they weren't going into the yard today, I ran down to the housing development at the West side of town and then ran to Lombard Bridge and climbed on my truck...The rain started up as I left the gas station, go figure it's California in February!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Today I caught the the bi-weekly "Wine Shooter" from Healdsburg, CA., to Selkirk, NY. This is the only train that keeps power all the way through from end to end, including into the NWP territory and stored at Santa Rosa, CA. Today I wasn't lucky enough to see it elsewhere as I was headed home from Sacramento, but managed to catch it "cruising" through American Canyon at a whopping 30 MPH...

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Knowing the "Quarry Job" was on duty and ready to go out of Anderson Yard, I headed down to the Quarry at Larkspur and setup. After a while, the signals started tumbling down and the next thing I know, the Quarry Job is blasting out of Cal Park tunnel with 31 empties. After a quick switch job and pulling the loads, the job heads back to Anderson Yard to clear up before the nightly "Redwood" shows up.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.