Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Northern California's Historic Shortline in ORTS

It must be that time of the month again...MoW Monday!! NWPY1500 and two slugs shove a bunch of RCGX empties back towards Santa Rosa, CA., on the P&SR. They'll go down to Petaluma to the Rock Quarry for another load and head back out later today...

Image 1) Blasting through Graton, this train will make the climb back up to Santa Rosa, CA., shortly.

Image 2) 3 cars into the signal and the P&SR interchange signal drops on the crew unexpectedly. They came in on a RESTRICTING aspect.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Yesterday was a rare treat for the kids as Thomas came to play on the Mt. Tam section of the NWP Railroad. Seen here, a double whammy took place. The TWO water tenders used to take water up to the top for the week came along for the ride back down the hill. At the end of the week, Thomas and the two water tenders are set over to the transfer track for the NWP to pick up later in the evening.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

I was on my way home during the afternoon commute when I heard of a 1 car ex-PE 600 series running around DURING commutes. Usually the NWP streetcar commutes are no less than 2 cars for each destination, winding up with 6-8 cars per trip. I made a quick detour out to the Mill Valley-San Rafael section of the line where this car was running an Eastbound (Northbound) trip to San Rafael.

Ahead of this 1 car stranger was the usual 6 car + RPO set.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

NWP Interurban #500 departs San Rafael, CA., and runs 2nd to 5th Street and then down to San Anselmo Hub. A 15 minute layover and then Interurban #500 departs for Stinson, CA.

Image 1) Sitting at 2nd Street depot 500.
    Image 2 & 3) Running between Sir Francis Drake and the S.M.A.R.T./NWP the 500 cruises along the RoW.
    Image 4) In San Anselmo Hub, the 500 discharges passengers.
    Image 5 & 6) 500 departs and heads for the San Anselmo Interurban yard.
    Image 7) 500 creeps into the yard.
    Image 8) Having departed the yard for Stinson Beach, 500 crosses Sir Francis Drake and enters the San Anselmo Hub depot.
    Image 9) In the depot loading passengers, 500 is looking at a clear block ahead.
    Image 10) Arriving at Stinson and between signals, the 500 crawls at 8.5 MPH towards the platform. The headsign has been adjusted for Mill Valley again as it is the next run out from Stinson in West Marin to Mill Valley in South Marin.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

A spreader comes West (Compass South) from the Northern region of the NWP where snow has become a new norm during the winter. Not enough to really plow but enough to use the spreader to keep the rails clear. Further down the line, I caught a rare DODX move on the headend of the CLSC-M. After I caught that, I heard of a test train with various equipment coming out of Napa Jct., and headed for the NWP. I managed to catch it arriving in Schellville.

Images 1-5) Snow train
    Images 6-10) DODX Manifest Train
    Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

A spreader comes West (Compass South) from the Northern region of the NWP where snow has become a new norm during the winter. Not enough to really plow but enough to use the spreader to keep the rails clear. Further down the line, I caught a rare DODX move on the headend of the CLSC-M. After I caught that, I heard of a test train with various equipment coming out of Napa Jct., and headed for the NWP. I managed to catch it arriving in Schellville.

Images 11-13) DODX Manifest Train
    Images 14-17) Test train with various equipment arriving Schellville, CA.

Regards,

-Frank C.

[img][/img]
    [img][/img]
    [img][/img]
    [img][/img]
    Frank C.