Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Northern California's Historic Shortline in ORTS

Nice job showing how SF Belt Railroad picked up their 'slack'. Now if and when this route is ever finished, maybe a shot or two of said streetcars might be in order? Just throwing that out there for gits and shiggles. Or even a Caltrain Embarcadero Run/Local/Scoot/whatever.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Maybe...If the connection between Paul Ave., and 3rd Street is ever built!!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Just a few teasers of S.M.A.R.T. Train #106 arriving at Cloverdale and laying over in the yard between runs. The train originally came in on the low level-platform and had to shove back out and come back in on the high level track today...The dispatcher was used to this turn using low level equipment!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Blasting through Asti at nearly 80 MPH, S.M.A.R.T. Train #108 races towards Cloverdale for the mid-morning commute.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Image 1) S.M.A.R.T. Train #323 departs Healdsburg (Dry Creek Road) as two Route 60 busses lay over waiting for a fresh run.

Image 2) Train #323 is waiting at Santa Rosa Downtown for a late bus coming in.

Image 3) Train #123 is at Rohnert Park on the high level platform. Meanwhile I wait for a bilevel train to show up on the low level platform.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

If only S.M.A.R.T. was that smart about picking their real life equipment. Those doodlebugs aren't that impressive...although the fact that they sell beer onboard helps you forget that it's a DMU...for a while. Those Comet's+P42 combo is reminiscent of how they run trains on the East Coast (I was in NYC at Grand Central Terminal a year ago, and miss it already!) and how it should be done out here. Nice work!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Yes while the DMU's are night, they definitely ARE NOT what was needed. Oh well! I know the exact person you can "thank" for that!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Last night, as the fog was getting thicker and the sun was setting, while I was waiting for a friend off BART, I caught a rare move. Instead of the usual ESPEE equipment for the "bigwig" train, they used a full "Redwood" trainset. This was it's move from the H.Q. platform to the yard for fuel and supplies before heading East (Compass North) towards the Golden Gate Bridge and out towards American Canyon via Ignacio, Schellville and Lombard!

I later passed back on through on my way home with my friend, and the train was still sitting in the mini ferry slip yard. We went to the top of the local Hotel's parking garage and grabbed the last shot here...

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

A once a month move between Travis AFB and Hamilton AFB happens at any given time during the 3rd week of the month. Today I was lucky enough to be in Ignacio when I heard the signals being called for this train...I managed to catch it as it switched the Hamilton AFB spurs...First shot is crossing the ped path at the West leg of the Ignacio Wye.

The NWP definitely did an interesting paint job on their SD60M's.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

The "Wine Shooter" glides at a mere 30 MPH (approach signal passed) through Penngrove, CA....

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.