Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern California's Historic Shortline in ORTS

Second half of the previous post...

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Despite having the "Napa Valley Wine Train", the North Bay of San Francisco has a second, lesser known wine train. This train is in conjunction with NWP/NVRR and the Eureka Southern. There are 16 some-odd wineries in the Alexander Valley of Sonoma County, and the train stops 3 times for these 16 some-odd wineries. This morning, as the skies cleared, I caught this train using un-usual power, the NVRR 5076 and EUKA 4401 instead of the usual NWP SD-9 bookends.

After this train tied down in Cloverdale, I heard the last day of the MoW Rail train calling signals. I managed to get up to CP Pieta and the downhill side of Ridge Summit just in time to catch the UP 6516 and 7523 coming through. I then caught them again at East First Street in Cloverdale as they sat and waited at the intermediate for a S.M.A.R.T. trainset to clear CP Cloverdale. Coming down Ridge Summit, you can just hear the Dynamics screaming for miles!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

I managed to catch the "Redwood" running a mere 5 minutes behind the advertised today. As I was waiting to head over from Hopland to Clearlake, it came cruising into Hopland Depot. I then detoured and caught it again leaving Hopland, arriving Cloverdale and Healdsburg.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

Two whole weeks without Frank? You haven't by chance gotten an early start on the 150th Anniversary, have you?
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Miss the shots and the write ups.

Thanks for the words! I've been super busy with life stuff. I'll be back into editing and screenshots soon enough!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

A small update...I'm still dabbling as life is still %$%*&#ing with me...

Image 1) A S.MA.R.T. train cruises through CP East Roseland in Santa Rosa, CA., across the diamonds of the P&SR and towards Rohnert Park.

Image 2) A rail train comes rolling through American Canyon on it's way to Schellville for re-laying of some track in Mill Valley, CA.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

I took a stroll around the North Bay today and I wasn't disappointed. Up first a mid-day run of a S.M.A.R.T. train arrives at Sonoma Plaza. It's next and last stop will be Lower Lake before returning to Schellville via the Valley. Up next, the NVRR 5076 crosses the diamond at Schellville on its way back to St. Helena and the switchback to Napa. I then wrapped around to American Canyon knowing the Sears Point Amtrak California train was enroute. I caught it leaving the depot and again at the Schellville, CA., depot.

Image 1) S.M.A.R.T. train at Sonoma Plaza
    Image 2) NVRR 5076 crosses the diamond at Schellville, CA
    Image 3 & 4) AmCal Sears Point train at American Canyon, CA., and Schellville, CA

I hope you guys enjoy!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

Sears Point and American Canyon were my stops today. With a special load coming in soon via the U.P. at Suisun, CA., I decided to catch the Suisun-Schellville turn.

Image 1) The signal is actually a restricting (bottom light flashing red) as the Sears Point Express from Sausalito, CA., arrives.
    Image 2) Said Express in image 1 is crossing Highway 37.
    Image 3) Just off Highway 12 in Jameson Canyon, you can pull off a dirt road and climb through some brush to the first CP entering American Canyon. Today, I caught the Suisun-Schellville turn there.
    Image 4) The Suisun-Schellville turn had a surprise, but not the one I was expecting. NVRR5076 with FOUR CFNR locos are returning to Napa/Sonoma County from the mandated 90 day inspection at U.P.'s Sacramento Locomotive Works.
    Image 5) Crawling into American Canyon yard and across Main Street, the Suisun-Schellville turn will drop the CFNR locos on the East engine track, and another 75 cars along two different yard tracks before departing for Schellville with another 75 cars.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Nice shots, as always! Those CFNR GP15-1's look sharp! I'd recommend, if I may, getting a freight animation for the nose gong. But of course, take your time. Good story, too!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum