Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Northern California's Historic Shortline in ORTS

As I was shooting that noon-time departure from Dry Creek, I got a text from a friend saying a MASSIVE un-usual train was taking the CFNR connector from the UP Cal-P line...So I hightailed it to American Canyon, nearly 60 minutes later me and the train meet at the wye almost head to head. So I scoot down to the last crossing in town and then start the chase from there...

Image 1) The DPU's clear the last crossing in American Canyon headed into the "vast beyond" between here & Schellville.
    Image 2) I get to Brazo's just in time for the power to be crawling out of the tunnel and towards the bridge...
    Image 3 & 4) Off to the SR-12 crossing in Schellville. I get the power coming and bonus shot going with a B-52 overhead.
    Image 5) The train has started around the wye and past the East Schellville yard switch.
    Image 6) Into the vast farmlands of Sonoma County between Schellville and Sears Point this train goes...A crew change is ordered at Ignacio though.
    Image 7) The DPU's have cleared the East Schellville signal and yard crossing. The crew is being told to hold for two Eastbounds as between West Schellville and Black Point is still SINGLE TRACK!!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

The Monday afternoon LD train from San Francisco to Eureka departs from the layover at S.F. Belt Railroad and heads up the Embarcadero to the FIRST NWP/S.M.A.R.T. station at Ghirardelli Square. MUNI had to line up their signals before this train got permission to leave the S.F. Belt yard and run the Embarcadero.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

Yesterday I took the train to the city and walked up and down the Embarcadero catching the E/F-Lines as well as busses galore! I also managed to catch TWO turns of the SF Belt Railway working. First trip had 20/24 and THREE streetcars coming back from Brookville. The second trip had 20/25 as 24 ran into issues as the light power was going back to the yard...I caught 20/25 as I was waiting for an F-Line Car back to Ghirardelli Sq., to catch my train home.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

The NWP 4404 leads a Westbound freight of 30 cars towards San Francisco, CA., as it comes off the Golden Gate Bridge and passes through the "Toll Plaza Platform" it is looking a diverging approach signal.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

I've been around, sort of...Some captures of a late evening and early morning P&SR run are to be had!

1&2) Passing through Graton, CA., this train sees the last glimpse of daylight as it rushes towards Santa Rosa, CA.
    3&4) Pounding across the 6 track diamond of the NWP/S.M.A.R.T. mainline, the train is actually crawling at 15 MPH into the P&SR Yard.
    5-8) The next morning, the P&SR power is seen pulling a variety of cars from the NWP Interchange yard, including two passenger cars bound for Bodega Bay.
    9) A quick stop at Two Rock to pick up some seabees headed to Bodega Bay for some work on a naval ship in the berths there and then the P&SR train is back on it's way. At Valley Ford, this train will meet the Westbound Counterpart that left Santa Rosa an hour prior.
    10) A quick teaser, the rest to come...4014 was spotted along SP territory (Novato, CA) in the San Francisco North Bay before heading back to SoCal and out to Arizona...

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

I apologize for the missing images, we are currently suffering a power outage in the California area, THANKS PG&E, and the server hosting the images won't be back up for a day or two at minimum...Stay tuned though!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

2 things bother me a little in the screenshots: the Bay Bridge as cantilever and the Ferry Building as LA Union Station. Understand why, but those are definitely things that might benefit from custom object development at some point.

From what I've been seeing from the trolls on a certain railfan site, you might want to add a "diesel pusher" (one of UP's decorated units) to your 4014 consist ... <g> ... would be good to see it parked in front of the Maritime Museum like was done with the American Freedom Train (4449) and, I think, the Flying Scotsman. The latter also spent some time sitting in the Belt's yard along the northern part of the Embarcadero - now some housing or office development of course.

In this world, they kept the "Spanish" influence to all depots across the system, so yes LAUPT/SF Ferry/Oakland and others all look the same. You think the Bay Bridge is weird, should see what I did for the GOLDEN GATE. 4 lanes each way PLUS a second deck, the way it was supposed to be!!

Don't even get me started on that "diesel pusher" crap! I could detour and run on a rampage about that alone!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Mid-day switching in Sausalito, CA., takes place in these two pieces of work. The X4431 switches the industries around Sausalito including the tank yard. Meanwhile the 4404 is part of a manifest train being made up on the West leg of the wye, taking up 3/4 of a mile of track space.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.