Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Northern California's Historic Shortline in ORTS

IT MUST BE BASEBALL season again! Both Caltrain and S.M.A.R.T. service the AT&T Ballpark in San Francisco on this surprisingly clear Thursday morning...Don't fear though, the RAIN is on the way!!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Sometimes you just need a massive power move over a "foreign" line to keep the crews busy...All this power is getting setup for a flood of "Wine Shooter" trains which require UP power from American Canyon to Selkirk, N.Y., along with (if your eye is keen enough) a special event!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

The SKHL-Z-28 arrives into the San Francisco North Bay. Today, it has an abundance of power.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

Hi Frank,

I love your shots, but I wish they didn't take so long to load. I can go get a cup of coffee and go the the bathroom and the pictures at the bottom of this page still haven't loaded. I'm not sure why this is happening, but yours are the only posts that are exhibiting this slow loading. Everyone else's pop right up instantly.
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by geekman View Post
    Hi Frank,

I love your shots, but I wish they didn't take so long to load. I can go get a cup of coffee and go the the bathroom and the pictures at the bottom of this page still haven't loaded. I'm not sure why this is happening, but yours are the only posts that are exhibiting this slow loading. Everyone else's pop right up instantly.
    I'm glad you enjoy them, but I'm not 100% sure as to why they take forever to load Larry! I use ORTS and screenshot directly. I do not resize anything, so some of the images are 1MB or larger, but unless you're on a dial-up or DSL connection, it should take just seconds to load.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

The "Sprinter" SCEU-M-29 from Schellville to Eureka is making a setout and pickup in Cloverdale. Meanwhile the lovely 'PTC' decided to kick in the TCS Emergency as the 3844 rolls past the intermediate at Asti Road & First St., despite having a flashing yellow as they knocked it down. After shoving back into the yard, the train has a Diverging Approach Diverging as it departs Cloverdale Yard for points East (Compass North).

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

Nice shots lately. I wish I was around back in those days when the 90's NWP was running. Black Widow and "Bloody Nose/Bloody Long Hood w/Lettering" schemes reign supreme in this latest series!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Quote Originally Posted by fchrist16 View Post
    Sometimes you just need a massive power move over a "foreign" line to keep the crews busy...All this power is getting setup for a flood of "Wine Shooter" trains which require UP power from American Canyon to Selkirk, N.Y., along with (if your eye is keen enough) a special event!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    I'm old and half blind so I can't see the special event, but noticed the warning about the yellow line is upside down and backwards
    Jim

Gotta look reallllllll hard for that special event loco. Yeah, I did that as a real quick test for something and never did fix it...I guess I should get around to fixing it...

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Cloverdale finally got upgraded signals! Searchlights turned into Tri-Lights after a 4 month construction phase...Meanwhile, everything EAST of Cloverdale (Compass North) still has searchlights and won't be changed out for a long time!

After I documented this signal change, I heard EUKA 4400 calling signals out of Asti Winery. As we got closer to Hopland, I heard the UP 6516, a rarity around here, calling signals Westbound through Hopland. After meeting each other on the main track East of Hopland, the UP 6516 crossed over M1-M2 to avoid the platform. The last five of this series is in the next post...

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.