Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Northern California's Historic Shortline in ORTS

Quote Originally Posted by demando View Post
    Nice shots, as always! Those CFNR GP15-1's look sharp! I'd recommend, if I may, getting a freight animation for the nose gong. But of course, take your time. Good story, too!
    Those damned nose gongs...Love em and hate em! New post co

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

The Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railway (P&SR) is located in the West side of Sonoma County. Seen in these 8 images, I caught one of the three daily P&SR runs between the namesake towns of the Petaluma & Santa Rosa.
    Image 1-3) These images are at Two Rock, CA. The EB train is coming out of the siding and screams for the 45 MPH max speed along the line.
    Image 4) The train navigates the shoefly at Bloomfield, CA.
    Image 5) The train now navigates the "awkward" wye at Bodega, CA. Originally the line only came West, towards Santa Rosa, but with the help of the S.P. and NWP, the P&SR built an East leg and double track towards Bodega Bay and the intermodal facility there.
    Image 6 & 7) The train creeps through the middle of Sebastopol & Graton, CA., as it progresses towards Santa Rosa, CA.
    Image 8) The train has arrived in the P&SR yard and P&SR 600 is running down the depot track to pull the train into the NWP-P&SR Santa Rosa interchange yard and sort out the cars for the NWP pickup in 3 hours.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

Early morning on the Fourth of July and I ventured out to catch the first wine train of the day. Today NVRR 5076 is doing the work with 5 ex-WP dome cars in tow.

Image 1 & 2) Crossing Trancas Street and the Highway 29 offramp in Union, CA., the train accelerates from 5 MPH to a whopping 10 MPH.
    Image 3-5) Sitting at Rutherford, CA., the crew takes a break in the dome-cafe while winery goers are in the nearby tasting room.
    Image 6) Arriving in St. Helena, the crews see their first signals of the day, as the line between Schellville and St. Helena is signaled while St. Helena-Napa is still TWC.
    Image 7) After dropping the cars at the depot, NVRR 5076 runs for the wye to head back towards Napa. For some reason the NVRR 5076 is only allowed to lead long hood forward due to a coupling issue.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

Long hood forward must be due to the dreaded front coupler bug. I found a workaround, but never got around to testing it.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Quote Originally Posted by demando View Post
    Long hood forward must be due to the dreaded front coupler bug. I found a workaround, but never got around to testing it.
    Actually it's due to a lighting bug for me...The GP38-2's for NS were not all low hoods and whoever created this NS model (I've forgotten and would have to dig into my files) didn't adjust the lighting when applying the F/A for the high hood. So the lights are still as a "low hood" model on the front. Can't be running at a whopping 25 MPH with no lights!!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Front coupling bug? You guys are channeling too much MSTS-speak from 15 years ago here in the ORTS picture palace.

I agree with the Geepster, what bug for OR.....
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Example: 3DTrains GP9's still have issues with the front coupler.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Some new images from the last week or so...Hopefully they all load...

Image 1) An afternoon S.M.A.R.T. train arrives at Healdsburg - Dry Creek Platform as a Route 60 lays over waiting for a new trip South.
    Image 2) A S.M.A.R.T. train takes the gauntlet track at Cotati Platform and departs on the advertised.
    Image 3) S.M.A.R.T. runs through Penngrove, CA., I wasn't quite there fast enough.
    Image 4) The noon S.M.A.R.T. train has departed Sonoma Plaza and is seen passing Sonoma High School.
    Image 5) The noon S.M.A.R.T. train is seen at Sonoma Plaza waiting on the highball from the conductor.
    Image 6) The noon S.M.A.R.T. train is arriving at Sonoma Plaza after departing Lower Lake at 11:35.
    Image 7) Entering the town limits of Sonoma the mid-day arrival of S.M.A.R.T. is looking at a Div. Approach as it enters the town square.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.

Friday evening rolls around the Eureka Southern power has been prepped and tied onto the SAEU-M. Along with the power tonight, is the NWP4431, which heads up this train. Despite the loads on this train, the power sent West (South) from Eureka isn't enough for the HPT. NWP power will have to be added either in Petaluma or Healdsburg, depending on availability, more than likely at Healdsburg.

I'll make note, for most of this route, the MAX freight limit is 70 MPH...

Image 1) Passing through Corte Madera, the SAEU-M crawls at 20 MPH across the bike path as a container ship waits in the distance for its turn at Sausalito Intermodal.
    Image 2 & 3) One view looking West (Compass South) the other East (Compass North) at the Larkspur Ferry Depot as the train blasts up to 25 MPH finally...
    Image 4) NWP 4431 East hits the last bike crossing at Larkspur Ferry Depot as two GGT Ferries sit waiting for departure times.
    Image 5) I blasted up to my uncles backyard where I found the train one last time finally at 45 MPH, and the SD38-2 is blackening the skies. It will most likely be setout in Petaluma, CA., leading to a further HPT issue with this train to Healdsburg.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.