Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signal Marker Automatcally disappears.

Default Signal Marker Automatcally disappears.

Hello experts
    I am making a route in TSRE5, but I m facing a problem from few days that whenever I place signals in my route and save it and try to run in Open rails to test the signal and it works perfectly but next day when i open TSRE5 the signal markers automatically invisible but signal shape was present and some signal works in reverse mode but i ignored many times but the problem doesn't solve
    Please help me

I have no idea what you mean by that. A screenshot would certainly help, for one thing. But I would check the settings.txt file for this statement "writeTDB = x", where x will be 'true' or 'false'. If false, change it to true

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by that. A screenshot would certainly help, for one thing. But I would check the settings.txt file for this statement "writeTDB = x", where x will be 'true' or 'false'. If false, change it to true
    This problem only happen in a particular route. just see this Screenshot, whenever I place signals in my route it's look like the upper image but next day when I open TSRE5 the signal markers automatically disappear but signal shape was present as per lower image. There is no changes in other routes.SS.jpg

Be sure you have the 'Logging' checkbox checked on the OR opening screen.

The following is required:
    Please attach the OpenRailsLog.txt file to your next post when the problem occurs.
    Your problem cannot and will not be looked at without the log file.

DO NOT enable logging in the Options Menu.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Does your lack of response mean you do not care for any assistance?

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

According to a PM I got, he's got it

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Does your lack of response mean you do not care for any assistance?
    I am extremely sorry for late reply, I am trying my self but unfortunately I am facing different problms with TDB... first of all Signal Markers are automatically disappear except Signal shape.
    2nd is in some place I see the signal shape exist and the red color marker shown in TSRE right direction but in actvity editor it's showng in reverse (opposite) direction and when I play in OR that signal showing green after crossing the the train.
    3rd in some place the green color platform markers are looking very awkward (see the Screen shot attached).
    4th in some places the yellow color TDB line are looking broken.....
    I and facing these problem from last 6-7 months and I never post on TS before. I tried my best, but I can't understood these problem.
    I attached my OR Log file, please check this..
    1.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    6.JPG
    7.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

I looked through your log. I don't have good news. The Track Database for this route is terribly corrupt. It looks like you have hundreds of signals in the world files that do not have the required set of data blocks in the Track Database and Track Item files.

How did this happen?
    That's hard to say but any modding of track or roads comes with severe restrictions on how it's done with signals and other interactives present in the route.
    If you've been modding track and not taking precautions that will do it every time, especially using MSRE.

TSRE is better but there are still precautions you must take. Here's one:
    Rule 1. Remove all interactive objects on a track vector before modding the track

Def: "A track vector is that track between Nodes". EndNodes and JunctionNodes.

If interactives exist on a vector and that vector is broken, say to install a turnout, re-lay a curve or install a crossover, any intereractives on that vector will be lost . . . in the TDB and the TIT.
    Howcome?
    Well the interactives reference their position on the vector with respect to the Nodes that define the vector. If a turnout is added, that's a new JunctionNode.
    This splits the original vector into two new vectors which will of course have MUCH different relationships (coordinates) with the installed signals (interactives)
    POOF! The red pyramid goes somewhere else leaving the signal shape.

When track is altered with interactives present unless you take very careful steps, you WILL corrupt the routes database files. Wait, it gets worse: . . . .As the number of corrupt entries in the database files gets larger so does the possibility, when installing new signals, more corruption is created.
    The fact that you have database items (the red pyramid) disappearing tells me you are at that point.

So, what to do?
    Right now being as the databases are so horribly out of sync the only thing I can think of is to first go through the tiles that have the problem and delete EVERY signal on those tiles. I would cross check every deletion BEFORE deleting by finding the corresponding datablock in the World file. Problem is that vectors cross tile borders, sometimes several tile borders and that complicates things tracking down thse bugs.
    After deletion you should test using the Open Rails Log.

Keep deleting signals until you can run Open Rails without ANY signal errors showing.
    Going through this process will take . . . a while. Backup the route after every editing session. Just compress the route with WinZip, WinRar or other suitable compression program.
    You should not do ANY route modding until you have a stable platform to build on, one with no database errors.

I just finished doing exactly what you need to do on the PRR-East route... That and some rebuilding took me two years.
    Folder relationships here: >>>===> http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/rt_fold.html

regards,

Re the database lines in your post #9
    What I do
    After making sure there are no signals or any other interactives on this vector
    1. Select the track that seems the yellow line is out of position.
    2. Press 'Z'
    3. Select track again.
    4. Move track one step up then one step down to original position
    5. Press 'Z' ok?
    If no, it may be the other track section. Do steps 1-5 on that track. ok yes? Save and done. But.....
    if not then you may have to go to other end of one of the tracks and re-attach it. or the other end of the second track.
    You should note any track grade before moving any installed track.
    I have had to do this many, many times doing the PRR.
    Just follow those yellow lines back to the nearest Node and then follow the other way to the Node and make sure there are no signals along that track vector.

v
    Last edited by Vince; 02-15-2019 at 03:46 PM.