Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Blue Comet Line Route "REDUX" 1968-2000 Era in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    My location is ok. We only got wind and rain. My old town I used to live in got tornado's and complete power failure. The whole town in the dark after the tornado's.

I don't have any damage to my place thankfully. The only issue I have is the town's water is brown, brown like poop and I can't get anyone to answer the phone. It's after hours and I'm stuck waiting for answers until morning. No notice on their webpages either. Honestly looks like the river water is getting directly into the drinking water supply someplace.

Our coast was still getting pounded good as I type this. I live thankfully further inland away from the ocean.

There is already the possibility for another hurricane to form out in the Atlantic ocean though. This might be a rough year of hurricanes.

Robert
    Glad you faired through everything OK there except for the water issue. It does sound like a backflow into the town's water supply which happens in storms like this.

I remember my days living on the Jersey Shore in Seaside Heights (Yes the famous Hurricane Sandy town.) in the early 1990's. Not a lot of hurricane activity at the time but 1991 to 1993 we had 7 major nor'easters. Have to love a storm at first you have a wind of 60MPH sustained, half inch to an inch an hour rain rate and temps of 67 degrees in Dec, Jan or Feb. Then as the center of the low passes, winds the same speeds, snowing at rates of 1 to 2 inches an hour & the temp bombing out at 17 degrees. And the whole event lasted 36 to 48 hours. I don't miss those days.
    - Mark -

Robert, I hope you've got a source of something to drink besides the river or sewage from you tap!
    Thinking through what could happen in a natural disaster where I live, it is water after the fact that seems like the greatest vulnerability. We can live without power, but not without water.
    Christopher

By the way, Mark: I wanted to mention that I noticed that some of Paul Charland's rolling stock sets released last spring and earlier this summer are really appropriate for the Blue Comet CNJ lines. Specifically the tank cars (friction bearing 40' with platforms around the dome) and the plastics covered hoppers (he made an orange/white Dupont center flow that I've seen in several CNJ pictures)
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    By the way, Mark: I wanted to mention that I noticed that some of Paul Charland's rolling stock sets released last spring and earlier this summer are really appropriate for the Blue Comet CNJ lines. Specifically the tank cars (friction bearing 40' with platforms around the dome) and the plastics covered hoppers (he made an orange/white Dupont center flow that I've seen in several CNJ pictures)
    Christopher
    I know Chris ! When he was releasing them, I was thinking it was like Christmas In July ! I already have them in the trainset folder for my Blue Comet route ready to go for future projects for activities.
    - Mark -