Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Blue Comet Line Route "REDUX" 1968-2000 Era in Progress

Default Update 3/8/2020 "Jack's Landing - Union Beach"

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Superb work, for a wonderfully unique route, one of my favorites.
    Thanks Gerry. The thing I love about Open Rails is that one can put the "Eye Candy" close to the tracks where it is observed the most when running. I tried this on my lower spec PC (Not the one I am doing the work on) and I am getting 45-50 FPS with a 2.0 GHz Duo-Core with 8GB of DDR2 RAM & A GT 730 & all the sliders mostly up. So I am quite pleased with the outcome so far.

Here are a few screens of Jack's Landing. Almost done expect for a few people figures & the channel markers to put in. All this is visible from trackside & Union Beach should be done but Tuesday here after all the tweaking. Then I will be heading east into Keansburg where Route 36 starts getting closer to running parallel to the tracks. There is real civilization starts to creep into the Seashore Branch.

A view from the trestle crossing East Creek. This is what heading west on the branch will look like.

Heading west after crossing the trestle. Cattails & Reeds in full bloom.

A "Big Lift" that so many marinas on the shore have for their bigger customers.

A view of Jack's Landing main gate on Creek Road.

A night view from the trestle showing what is lighted at the marina so far.

Enjoy......
    - Mark -

keeps getting better & better!!
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Superb work as always.

Are you using the various objects from www.UKTrainsim.com? I'd assume so for things like the cat on the shed etc. They have so much over there. But download times is a pain in the arse.

I meant to ask, How did the Leeds 13th child turn out?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Superb work as always.

Are you using the various objects from www.UKTrainsim.com? I'd assume so for things like the cat on the shed etc. They have so much over there. But download times is a pain in the arse.

I meant to ask, How did the Leeds 13th child turn out?

Robert
    Hi Robert. I might have a thing or 2 from their site but their download times are ungodly. Really isn't worth the wait.

The cats came from the late Dieter Penzel's site http://www.didi2004.de/ . Most of the other oddball scenery came from the ASW website https://www.activitysimulatorworld.n...ts_Objets.html ,
    The Trensim site http://www.trensim.com/
    & The Italian Site http://www.trenomania.it/index2.asp . And a Polish site that once was up where I got the vegetation files from & some obscure Russian buildings from.

Items have come and gone over the years on these sites. In fact I was looking on the ASW & Treno Mania site because they use to have a building that looking so close to the old Traymore Hotel in Atlantic City on them. Now the file was pulled and I lost the file with a hard drive crash. I wish I remember the name of the file so hunting for it would be easier.

As for Jane "Mother" Leeds 13th, I haven't started on it yet BUT I came across Paul Gausden's Kangaroo Hazard & the shape file I can make look like the "Little Devil" quite easily. It would work so I will shoot an email over to him & ask permission to re-texture it into the Leed's 13th Child. LOL Would make an interesting little "WT* was that?" when rolling through the pine barrens.
    - Mark -

Hi Mark,

Yes, UKTS is a dreadfully slow download site.

Interesting about the K shape being reused to create the Easter Egg. I was wondering which shape or form of the monster you'd be representing.

If you know of anything on UKTS that you'd like to use? Let me know and I would be happy to work on collecting content from UKTS for the Blue Comet project.

Robert

Yes, UKTS is a dreadfully slow download site.
    If you know of anything on UKTS that you'd like to use? Let me know and I would be happy to work on collecting content from UKTS for the Blue Comet project.
    Robert
    To be fair UKTS do short memberships AND you get a months membership with any CD/DVD you buy.

https://members.uktrainsim.com/index...r=subscription

You'd pay more for a coffee than 1 months membership so I don't think you can complain about the cost?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Just very impressed with your hard work! Looks like there is a "home for pre hastily stenciled Conrail ex RDG, PC and EL switchers" in my mind serving customers, with a smattering set of grimy, sooty ex NYC U25B's towards brand spanking new baby CR GP15's as they are "home" in this line.

I applaud you for all your hard working time! And, just to thank you for your screenshots... Please keep em coming!
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by dedwa15237 View Post
    Just very impressed with your hard work! Looks like there is a "home for pre hastily stenciled Conrail ex RDG, PC and EL switchers" in my mind serving customers, with a smattering set of grimy, sooty ex NYC U25B's towards brand spanking new baby CR GP15's as they are "home" in this line.

I applaud you for all your hard working time! And, just to thank you for your screenshots... Please keep em coming!
    Thanks Dave. I remember those old ex-NYC U25B's working the branch in the very early days on Conrail. Ex-EL & PC RS units around 1978-79 were a common sight too as were still a few old Ex-CNJ Geeps. When the new CR GP15's showed up in the last times of the branch & working what industry was left on the former NY&LB we were in awe. But new motive power for this line?

By the time they arrived the Seashore Branch was in its last days. And freight traffic on the NY&LB was waning too. Lily-Tulip Cup Co. closed in Holmdel in 1983-84. The "Bay Head Turn" was gone by 1990 due to lack of any customers. The "Paperboy" which was a roll newspaper train for the Asbury Park Press printing facility by the Bradley Beach yard lasted until the mid 1990's. When the facility moved 6 miles west, it ended any freight revenue service south of Red Bank. But it was fun while it lasted seeing those 15's holding up in Red Bank & Browns Yard.

I can't wait when I can get this out to the members on here. And with the future BLW/ZT CNJ 1970's Southern Division Set that will be released. It will be fun for those who like NE railroading in the late 1960's to the dawn of Conrail railroading & beyond to run. Maybe we can rebuild the old Giant's Stadium with those CNJ Sand Extras like they did in the early 1970's.

Interesting about the K shape being reused to create the Easter Egg. I was wondering which shape or form of the monster you'd be representing.

And Robert, the little devil version of the hazard I was thinking about making is the one that looked like a Kangaroo with horns. The one that looked like that was last reported around Elm, NJ (A mile north of Winslow Jct.) in 1976. It also was reported around Whiting & Chatsworth in the late 1970's too.

Most locals came to believe that it wasn't the Leed's Devil but an actual kangaroo. Reason why is in Jackson there is Great Adventure Amusement Park & Drive-Thru Safari. Which was ironically owned by the Penn Central, then Penn Central Corporation after the Conrail Merger (Then sold to Bally-Midway in '82, then Six Flags in '85). I still have a pay stub with the "Mating Worms" logo on it from when I worked there. But anyway, the first year the park was open, at the season's end. Many of the animals escaped. Elephants, giraffes, antelopes even lions & tigers plus other assorted smaller animals. Most of the animals were recovered (All the dangerous ones were recovered) but the 2 kangaroos were never accounted for and were presumed dead.

So modern local legend has it that the Leed's devil sightings from that era were actually the missing kangaroos from Great Adventure. It would make more sense doing those versions being the era I am creating for the route.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Thanks Dave. I remember those old ex-NYC U25B's working the branch in the very early days on Conrail. Ex-EL & PC RS units around 1978-79 were a common sight too as were still a few old Ex-CNJ Geeps. When the new CR GP15's showed up in the last times of the branch & working what industry was left on the former NY&LB we were in awe. But new motive power for this line?

By the time they arrived the Seashore Branch was in its last days. And freight traffic on the NY&LB was waning too. Lily-Tulip Cup Co. closed in Holmdel in 1983-84. The "Bay Head Turn" was gone by 1990 due to lack of any customers. The "Paperboy" which was a roll newspaper train for the Asbury Park Press printing facility by the Bradley Beach yard lasted until the mid 1990's. When the facility moved 6 miles west, it ended any freight revenue service south of Red Bank. But it was fun while it lasted seeing those 15's holding up in Red Bank & Browns Yard.

I can't wait when I can get this out to the members on here. And with the future BLW/ZT CNJ 1970's Southern Division Set that will be released. It will be fun for those who like NE railroading in the late 1960's to the dawn of Conrail railroading & beyond to run. Maybe we can rebuild the old Giant's Stadium with those CNJ Sand Extras like they did in the early 1970's.

And Robert, the little devil version of the hazard I was thinking about making is the one that looked like a Kangaroo with horns. The one that looked like that was last reported around Elm, NJ (A mile north of Winslow Jct.) in 1976. It also was reported around Whiting & Chatsworth in the late 1970's too.

Most locals came to believe that it wasn't the Leed's Devil but an actual kangaroo. Reason why is in Jackson there is Great Adventure Amusement Park & Drive-Thru Safari. Which was ironically owned by the Penn Central, then Penn Central Corporation after the Conrail Merger (Then sold to Bally-Midway in '82, then Six Flags in '85). I still have a pay stub with the "Mating Worms" logo on it from when I worked there. But anyway, the first year the park was open, at the season's end. Many of the animals escaped. Elephants, giraffes, antelopes even lions & tigers plus other assorted smaller animals. Most of the animals were recovered (All the dangerous ones were recovered) but the 2 kangaroos were never accounted for and were presumed dead.

So modern local legend has it that the Leed's devil sightings from that era were actually the missing kangaroos from Great Adventure. It would make more sense doing those versions being the era I am creating for the route.
    Had no idea Great Adventure was owned by Penn Central at one point. Very interesting.

Route though looks fantastic!! Keep up the great work!

Amen.

Very interesting tidbits of history here.

And a very nice looking route too.

Robert