Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Blue Comet Line Route "REDUX" 1968-2000 Era in Progress

And the last one heading back West to East. Enjoy.

- Mark -

Default Update 4/17/2020 "A Special Thanks To Travis For Something Most Needed"

This a a special shout-out & thank you to Travis Ebner for something that will be released soon here in the T-S Download area.

As you know he made a great set of grade crossing signals for the modern era & released them on here & ET. Myself I love them & are great for when I upgrade more modern routes. But for me, route builders & modders that are stuck in the 1940's to 70's, they are just a bit out of place. Well fans of a more vintage era, Travis will soon answer your prayers.

Low & Behold ! Those beautiful B&W striped "Wishbone" style gates from those vintage steam, transition & early diesel eras !! All in Long, Normal & No Mast styles. A real wood look gate assembly. Plus also included are those much needed "No Right" to "No Left Turn" signals also. Great for those roads that run parallel to the tracks that come out by a grade crossing. Also the have the proper crossbucks, track number & Stop On Red Signal signs with the "Cat's Eye" reflectors.

I am beta testing them at the moment on the BCL Redux Route & they are lookin' good. I know that there will be a pedestrian gate for the set too. I don't know if there will be a combo road-pedestrian gate like Paul Charland asked about in the thread over in the Scenery Objects area of the forum. But Travis will be releasing this set in the future for all to enjoy.

I attached a few screenshots of the 14' with tall mast near the Union Beach station. Also one of one of the No Right Turn signals in place. Thank you again Travis for this fine upcoming set !

​Enjoy......
    - Mark -

That's terrific!

That feels like a "normal" grade crossing to me!

Thanks, Travis!

Just spotted these...geeze they look good...thank you Travis...great work...and also your work Mark, you just floor me, such a great looking route. Yep Chris, does feel like a normal grade crossing...ones that I remember.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Mark,

Despite my long hours at work, I've managed to finally get those NJT F7A units off to Michelle. Once done, I think you will be one happy customer! I know you've been interested in my unfinished NJT stuff for some time. Finally some of it is moving forward towards release.

Robert

Hey, what about me Robert?

I fixed all them bugs with it. Otherwise, Robert would be struggling with his F7.

(Just kidding of course.)

Okay, another question. Is this the route the rustbucket F7 I made will appear in?
    Last edited by SD40-2; 05-10-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Parker,

You get proper credit along with Michelle, Pete Willard, Lou Volland, Myself and Marc Nelson.

All of which will make the Readme files for the whole set.

I just need a lighting expert to help finish these once textures are done.

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 05-10-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Sorry about that. But thank you.

And fantastic work on the route too MMSS.
    Last edited by SD40-2; 05-10-2020 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Getting all the people mixed up.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

I did get the locomotive today, and have been building the base up but I have the hard part done now.

NJT.jpg

I'm speechless.

That is incredible work for something just sent today.

I think it's unit 423 that has the silver nose. That unit is one of the oddball NJT F7 units as far as paint scheme is concerned.

It might be possible to get the window in the door done up in silver like the pictures. Also the rear end of the units should be silver and not black as I have them. Again, the pictures I sent along should point out my errors.

Oh Mark, You out there?

P.S.

Parker,

The junk Amtrak unit was meant for staging in Jim Ward's old PO&N route V9 for now. I might use it on the FBL V3 in a place as well. We actually need a rusty Amtrak passenger car to go with it now that I think about it. Originally the rust bucket was going on my own rendition of the NYSW through Binghamton NY. But working 10 hour days doesn't give me the time to do anything with my routes. As I told Michelle, I wish was either retired or could strike the lottery, then I could work on MSTS stuff all the live long day.

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 05-10-2020 at 07:54 PM.