Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Blue Comet Line Route "REDUX" 1968-2000 Era in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Nice! I love the way the bridge looks with the security fencing. Don't see that too much in our routes.
    Thanks for the thumbs up on that Neil. You have the 6' safety fences a lot on rail bridges in the urban areas of NJ. Plus ones that have rails below them with catenary, you get the steel plate shield in front of them for 3 to 4 feet so no one tries to poke the wires below.

This bridge had it since the mid 1960's when rail traffic was still a factor & the state expanded Rt. 35 here to 4 lanes wide.
    \
    - Mark -

I've only ever seen fencing like that on iron-ore lines, where they're intended to keep pellets from falling onto the road below. One won't be much of an issue, but a bunch could be a problem

Sleepless night so I figured I work on west Keyport. Starting to come along so heading east towards Atco Tile tomorrow. Keyport - The Gateway to the Bayshore.

Have to still adjust the carspawners because with the "tailgating" in some of the screen shots, it looks like actually Rt. 35 here during morning & evening rush hour. Or the dreaded summer weekend traffic during the summer tourist season. Those who been through it know what I mean.

​Enjoy....
    - Mark -

Thanks for the good pictures that you posted above. Nice to see all of them in Open Rails.

John

This update for the Blue Comet route is going to be absolutely stunning!

Robert

Two Thumbs Up

Still has a ways to go with that traffic before it catches up with here in Washington DC!
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Great Detail! Really nice Work! Another benchmark route!
    CG

Default UPDATE - May 5, 2019 - Keyport Area Again !

Thanks for all the good vibes on doing this update for the Blue Comet Route. I concentrated still in Keyport around the Main st., Broad St & Maple Place area just before the hook that runs along the bayshore towards Highlands. Between Main & Broad is where the old Keyport station stood. The station burned on July 4th, 1968.

On the Main Street by the ROW today hosts a park & ballfield. Property in this area next to the station was once owned by the CNJ and back in the 60's after passenger service on the Seashore Branch ceased, the CNJ gave the property to Keyport. I thought it be fun to commemorate this by calling it "Railroad Park" with custom signage.

In the area to are buildings for New Jersey Bell's (Now Verizon) switching building & field office, an old Texaco Station (Long gone), Taboo Tattoos, a mini mall, row of store with a barber shop, 7-11, luncheonette. Working on signs for them today as it rains here. So here are a few screen shots of some of the work done over the last few days. You can click on them for the bigger Flickr picture.

Been doing some work to a bit west by Route 35 & Beers Street on Atco Tile & KERR Glass. That will be in the next update.

So on to some sign making and taking breaks switching the EL's Carlton Hill Branch in that "Other" train simulator.

Looking eastbound from Main Street

Looking westbound from Broad Street

My little dedication to the CNJ at Keyport

The park's entrance. No beer? Ohh ! Dear !!

Keyport station at grade level

Taboo Tattoo on Broad Street

Looking up Broad Street (County Route 4) towards Maple Place (County Route 516)

The NJ Bell switching station & field office on the corner of Main & Butler Sts. Run by Verizon today.

The ruins of the old Bayshore Printing on Butler Street, next to it construction on Shore Savings

The corner of Broad Street & Maple Place (County Roads 4 & 516)

Enjoy....
    - Mark -

Great shots! This hobby will keep us alive and entertained with all these new routes and gadgets for years to come.
    Rory