Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Blue Comet Line Route "REDUX" 1968-2000 Era in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    I did get the locomotive today, and have been building the base up but I have the hard part done now.

Attachment 79279
    I wonder if anyone would be up for doing a FA for these with HEP Muffler, HEP Plugs, C&NW nose bell, etc?

https://www.railpictures.net/viewpho...530761&nseq=14

Sadly, the NJT F7 fleet didn't perform all that well. But considering their heritage, that doesn't surprise me much. C&NW wasn't called, Cheap & Nothing Wasted for no reason. They didn't really take the best care of the commuter F units. They had the wrong parts installed in the engine and electrical system and that caused them to perform horribly on NJT. https://www.railroad.net/viewtopic.php?t=6282

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    I did get the locomotive today, and have been building the base up but I have the hard part done now.

Attachment 79279
    Michelle,

In order to get the side lettering to appear correctly, you'll have to squish it to 50% of it's original length, keeping the height the same.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Not accorrding to the 2 images i recived the lettering is correct

Here is some pictures of NJT F7's.

418 https://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=207217

423-This is the odd one in the group. https://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=18725

425 https://www.railpictures.net/viewpho...530761&nseq=14

425-Rear End https://www.railpictures.net/photo/649177/

424 https://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=32405

Lots of NJT photos, https://donsdepot.donrossgroup.net/dr441.htm

Maybe this weekend I will have some more free time to hunt down photos.

Robert

Default **UPDATE** 6/23/2020 - It's Been A Long Time, But Work NEVER Stopped !!

Hello everyone one the forum ! Yes it has been a while, too long a while in fact. What was suppose to be a simple 2 day hospital stay for a procedure for my leg, turned out to be an almost 3 month ordeal from hell. But even with that, I still continued on the route's progress. Thanks to always backing it up to 3 separate drives after each work session & the help of a friend who has some awesome powerful laptops that I borrowed during my stay.

AND TO ALL THAT SENT INBOXES & EMAILS TO ME. JUST GIVE ME A FEW DAYS TO GET CAUGHT UP HERE & I PROMISE TO ANSWER YOU. THANKS.

I would have gone insane if I didn't have this to work on. Spent many a day working on it plus figuring out key areas of work on it. Plus making new billboards & signs for certain key businesses. So at least my time there wasn't in vain.

Keyport & Union Beach are completed. With an exception of about 800 scale feet to the Matawan border on the west side. That being the west side of the Lappatatong Creek trestle to MR Jct. Where the NY&LB, Seashore & Freehold Branches of the CNJ all meet in Matawan. I skipped this until I redo the Matawan area because a long needs to meet the 1970's look to it. Like putting in the Garden State Parkway & the bridge the branch needs to cross it.

Also I have to take out Matawan Trestle on the NY&LB. The trestle burned in 1946 within days of the PRR's Barnegat Bay Trestle between Ocean Gate & Seaside Park severing that connection forever. It was also on of three railroad trestle fires in the NY Metro area in 6 days, the other being the LIRR's (Then a PRR subsidiary) over Jamaica Bay between Hammels &Broad Channel. Little suspicious , hun? This part I will start in Sept. sometime.

Areas on the route now being worked on is finishing & cleaning up the Atlantic City & working my way across the wetlands to Pleasantville & Absecon. Also between Winslow Jct. To Pine Crest on the Southern Div. The extra area working on too is Red Bank because I now have everything I need to make it look fairly close to the early 1970's. I keep 3 key areas I work on & rotate one day one, next day the other and so on to keep from feeling burn out.

Here are a few screenshots of the completed Keyport area. Yes, just like model railroading, I will most likely go back & add a detail here & there. But for 99.999999%, it is done here.

A Belford Local with a nice & shiny CNJ GP7 #1524 in a Coast Guard (Or Red Baron) scheme crossing Beers Street by Kerr Glass in Keyport.

The local now passing over Main Street in Keyport by Railroad Park

A pedestrian waits at the lowered crossing gate on Broad Street.
    What was known then as “Confusion Corner” where Atlantic St., Church St. & Maple Place come together on a sort of triangle. In the days before the auto grade crossing signals, the watchman at the Broad Street crossing would activate manual signals for the crossings here.
    Crossing Green Grove Ave. with Bayshore Coal & Oil in the background.
    Manchester Ave. crossing with the Keyport Post Office in view. Other side of the tracks is Buy-Rite Liquors.
    Fulton Street grade crossing with the Monmouth College FM station transmitter to the right. It moved out somewhere in the 1970's

During the late 1960's to mid 1970's the area near that once was known as “The Long Pier” was going through major development. The small yard here was gone by 1970.

After the Fulton Street grade crossing & curve we now head straight towards Union Beach. Here we pass a MOW crew trying the keep the tracks at the posted 25MPH.

Passing the Union Beach station on the haul down to Belford & the Howard Smith Co.

Enjoy......
    - Mark -

Glad you are feeling better.

Screenshots are fantastic.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    Glad you are feeling better.

Screenshots are fantastic.

Fred
    Thanks Fred.

Actually a pretty productive day for me so far on the route. Working on the Atlantic City area today. So far got the Atlantic City Expressway (ACE) done from AC into Absecon's western outskirts (About 7 to 8 miles). Now working on the wetlands that both parallel the PRSL tracks & ACE. Then work on detailing the Pleasantville Secondary area which will bring some interesting switching jobs with the future of the route. Back in the 1970's there were a few lumberyards, a cement company & 3 other businesses on these tracks that were the Reading's former Atlantic City Railroad. So this will bring a new aspect to the route.
    - Mark -

Wow, doesn't that look good.
    I'm really glad to hear you are ok. That does not sound like a fun time. Been worrying.

It's nice to see Rick and my cars stretching their legs. I've been working through them cleaning up various issues and giving them .dds textures.

I'm also working on a nice little tank car surprise (freeware). Coming soon.

Christopher

I'm really glad to hear you are ok. Been worrying this virus might have gotten our Jersey boy Mark.

Robert

THANK YOU GENTLEMAN !

I did have a bit of a scare with the COVID-19 virus but only because two times someone assigned to my floor tested positive for it. With that I was quarantined almost 5 weeks for it. I had runny eyes, sneezing & coughs but I told them it was because I have real bad allergies this time of year from ragweed, grass, tree pollen & mold. They didn't believe me, tested me for CONVID at least 7 times, all negative. Then my immunologist tested me to prove to them that it was & I finally got paroled LOL. But at least I had that laptop and my external drives to work on the route while I was going [email protected]!%$ crazy in there.

But I like that everyone likes how it is coming along. Have to take some evening screens too because it does come alive after dusk. Funny thing about the Jersey Shore is the towns are like that. You will drive through 3, 4 towns & it is so dark. Then you hit one with some population and it looks like an nova. That is what Keyport was like during this era.

And Chris the screenshot you sent me of the tanker is perfect. So fitting for the Chemical Coast Secondary or in the CNJ days The Elizabeth & Perth Amboy.
    - Mark -