Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Blue Comet Line Route "REDUX" 1968-2000 Era in Progress

Rory, I agree.

One thing we all need is some simple garbage trucks and a US Mail truck for random scenic objects.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    One thing we all need is some simple garbage trucks and a US Mail truck for random scenic objects.
    I concur with that too. Also a boom truck with a cherry picker in both raised & lowered positions for power, phone & cable companies. In simple colors too (White, yellow & orange). It can make a nice, simple detailed scene for a small location.
    - Mark -

I agree with that Mark.

Robert

Default The Blue Comet Lines Route - REDUX 1968-2000 **UPDATE !!! 08/15/2019**

Hi everyone and greetings from the land of Salt Water Taffy, Toxic Waste & Home of the Texas Weiner? Yes, that is true, the Texas Weiner is the product of the great state of NJ.

I know I haven't posted much in the last few months, BUT that doesn't mean I haven't been hard at work on the upgrade to the Blue Comet Lines Route. I figured by now some of you thought it would become vaporware but that is the furthest thing from the truth. Yes, I did have a few health things that did take priority first. But work has been continuing since my last post in May.

One thing that did get put on temporary hold is a couple of activities I was working on that I did post about. The PC that I do the activities on decided to commit suicide right before Memorial Day. And like a lunk-head that I am at times, I didn't back it up & lost them along with a few others. But I got everything to build a new rig for them this week so I will return to them within a few weeks.

But now on the BCL-Redux Route here. That work has been steady going. Still working mostly on the "Bayshore" area of the route. For those of you not familiar with NJ that is the area from the Raritan Bay down to Highlands - Sandy Hook area. This area is somewhat complex because you have the elements of the Jersey Shore, along with industrial areas along it and suburbia & urban mixed along. And like I said before I am giving it a bit of a broader era (Late 1960's to 2000) for people that might like to run NJT & NJDOT, Conrail & its Shared Assets also. That way your power & stock will fit in nicely as will the fallen flag roads (CNJ, PRR/PC, PRSL, RDG & LV).

A lot of the work I been doing has been on signs. Road & Highway Sign & Commercial ones too. Redoing them along with billboards for the area is about the extent of my reskinning talents. But they are essential to make the route come alive in this era. I also been replacing many of the bridges in the area. Thanks to Travis Ebner for his great bridge collections he released on here. They are perfect for the revamp. The area I been mostly working on in Keyport now is along the bayshore. Right where the former Aeromarine Corp was. They made seaplanes in the 1920's until 1930 until the great depression. Afterwards they did make plane engines for a few years until shutting down for good in the late 30's. Later on the old facility in 1960 became Syspec Plastic Bottles. They were the originator of the "Plastic Bleach Bottle" then later in the 1970's the "Plastic Milk Jug". The CNJ delivered a lot of ACF covered hoppers of plastic pellets in its run there. After they closed in the very early 1980's, the plant is broken up into many smaller companies like so many factory complexes turned into in NJ at that time
    So been working on that area that lead s to that. Around Chingarora Creek (Brackish Water) by Stone Rd & Broadway. Lots of marshy areas so I did find a set of water type plants that work so perfect for the areas I have to do on the coast. So here are a few screens of the progress. The next update I should have the area around the Syspec plant done plus downtown Keyport and will be heading into Hazlet. Remember it is a work in progress (WIP), I still have a few things to do in this area too before I can say it is done.

Hope you like. - Mark

An early morning CNJ drill to IFF in Hazlet, NJ crossing Chingarora Creek in Keyport, NJ.

A CNJ IFF Local crosses the trestle over Chingarora Creek in Keyport, NJ by the Stone Road bridge.

A lone duck takes a swim in Chingarora Creek.

Morning Anglers fish for Snapper Blues in Chingarora Creek in Keyport, NJ next to the old CNJ Trestle.

Hummmm. Some people just can't read signs !

The abandoned Bayshore Bait & Tackle on Stone Road in Keyport, NJ

A flock of seagulls wait for bait that never comes from the abandoned bait shop.

A view of the Chingarora Creek Bridge on Stone Road in Keyport, NJ taken from near the Broadway Bridge. Thanks again to Travis Ebner for those great bridge packages he released in the download area on here.

Looking north on Stone Road by the Chingarora Creek bridge in Keyport, NJ.

A look south down Broadway (Near Walnut St.) near the old Aeromarine plant in Keyport, NJ

ENJOY.................
    - Mark -

Wow, love this! Love those marsh grasses. Gotta wonder what's in those metal drums . . .
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    Gotta wonder what's in those metal drums . . .
    Pick a toxin, any toxin !
    - Mark -

ThumbsUp_Big.jpg I can hear the water lapping against the side of the boat...cold beer in the cooler...very realistic...fine work, Mark.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

ChloroFluoroHorroCarbons would be my guess as to the contents of the Steel Drums.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

Ranch dressing.
    Can't get any more noxious than that.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by drelyea View Post
    ChloroFluoroHorroCarbons would be my guess as to the contents of the Steel Drums.
    Funny thing Doug is the parent company of the Syspec Plastic Bottle Company that I am working on in this area was named "Hydrocarbon Chemical Company"
    - Mark -