Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: MILWAUKEE ROAD Spokane Extension

There's a fairly easy way to place level crossing objects made up of multiple parts. The short version is that you use the number pad arrow keys to move your interactive objects into a rough position (do not rotate the camera while you're doing this. Moving is OK, but the grid is based on camera direction). Then you can select all the interactive parts as a group and rotate them as one. I usually copy-paste rot. data to line up crossings with the road. Then you can copy-paste rot./pos. data to get any static parts of crossing signal. Note that the latter part won't work if the track piece at the crossing crossed a tile boundary to get there (x- or z- coords. on LevelCr objects will exceed 1024 in that case). Copy/Pasting rot. data will still work, but you'll have to eyeball position. I'll probably make a more detailed tutorial for the tips and tricks thread

Thank You Travis, I'm using these techniques. But as we can't copy rotation the interactive objects, they had to be adjust manually.

Not a big thing, Griswold is made from 2 partsonly and it's not many (I think it's your work, very nice), and RACOs are in a few crossings only. I'm getting through it

Hi Oliver,

I hope all is well with you and your family in these dreadful times we're experiencing.

Stay safe and keep us informed on progress with the latest update.

Robert

Thanks, our health is O.K. I hope that all the other simmers are fine, especially Mr Sullivan and other elderly mates. They are in a worse situation than me, as I'm only 34.

Anyway, I can't do the route building now. Here in Hungary, not much confirmed COVID cases revealed yet, but the global economical depression causes hundreds of thousands lost their jobs here. Yet, I have work to do, but I don't know how long. We're at home with my wife and taking care of the children all the time. At night, I have to work and sleep rather than simming. Sorry, I'll continue when I can... Good luck for everyone!

Oliver, take care of yourself. It is time to put the priority on what matters. Wish you the best.
    Christopher

I second Chris's post.

Take care of your self.

Robert

Take car of yourself Peter. We Sullivans are fine. Although 81, I don't have any other issues that I know of. We have
    cancelled our trip to New Mexico for May, but have previous reservations for October and we hope to make it then.
    The airline will let us re-use our money until next January. I wish all of us well, and obey whatever restrictions
    your local government puts on you. In our case, all residents of Florida are on a "stay at home" order except for
    essential movement. Worst thing is that hair stylist shops are closed, so we may have more than our share of wild
    women by the time this thing is past.

J. H. Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    .... we may have more than our share of wild women by the time this thing is past.
    You lucky man, John; I haven't had a share of wild women for......oh, God only knows how long, mate.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0