Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MILWAUKEE ROAD Spokane Extension

Do You mean these? I found them here. Nice work, although there's something with the textures. (DDS preference box is checked).

Open Rails 2019-12-29 06-09-43_resize.jpg

I also found UP switchstands, but they haven't got signal scripts. I tried to implement them, but didn't manage to find a perfectly aligned semaphore position to the main direction. Diverging direction is OK.

Open Rails 2019-12-29 06-09-16_resize.jpg Open Rails 2019-12-29 06-09-23_resize.jpg

Semaphore positions 0 and 3 are used instead of the default 1 and 2. This caused the best result. I will place them and maybe in the future I or sy. else find a solution to this issue...

Yeah, there's something screwy with the DDS textures on some systems (they work great on mine). You may have to use the ACE version if nothing else. I can transfer the CCOR rules onto a different signal type if the R-2s aren't what was used there. It's actually pretty easy to do, and I would welcome a break from the BNSF rules I'm working on right now, which are kicking my...umm...posterior, shall we say.

I think I have that switchstand shape, and upon uncompressing the file and looking at the animation string (at the very end) it looks like the frames are numbered 1, 2, and 3. That's pretty odd since they normally start from 0, but I would try semaphore positions 1 and 3 and see if that works. If it doesn't, I can edit the frame numbers to something I know will work

There's also a problem with the ace version: a square-shaped light texture.

Open Rails 2019-12-29 02-34-29_resize.jpg

Look at the link below. On this photo we can see the signals that UP used here.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=4769856

I'm not familiar with US signals, but the pole and the target looks like the same that this R-2 has. But the real one had a ladder, and different sunshades. I'm OK with the signal we got, but if You want to modify it, I'm not protesting

The square light texture just means the light texture is missing. I didn't forget it in the set, did I? I could make that mod pretty easily, too. In fact, I should, it seems to be a fairly common variant

Well I forgot to change the light texture extension from dds to ace in the sigcfg.dat... Now it's OK.

All right then, I'll replace them when they're ready. Thank You, and also thank You for the tip regarding the switch stands. I altered the "crazy numbers" at the animation key rows, and now the stands aligning almost perfectly to the main route.

Oliver,

Would these work for a stand in?

usa2sigh.zip

They look like the picture to my eyes. But, then I am no signal expert neither.

Robert

Not bad, the shades looks like the same, but the signal head is on a console. Travis' signal type looks like the real ones, espacially when observing the pole or the target. We'll see if he wants to build the laddered version.

Looks good Oliver.

What kind of crossing pad shapes are you going to use?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    Manito-Freeman section. Thanks to Travis for the correct signal shapes!
    Hi Oliver,

Real nice work there - sir...

Regards,
    Scott