Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: MILWAUKEE ROAD Spokane Extension

I just went through this area last night and everything is in place - tracks, roads, suburban houses, trees, etc. The cars are also moving at what looks normal to me. Although on some other roads south towards Plummer the cars are verrrry fast! I installed the route per the readme and haven't found an issue yet, at least south of Spokane towards Plummer. The route is beautiful. I wish I had some sage advice, but I'm more of an "install and run" kind of guy. But the issues you have don't seem to be with the route itself.

Bob

Hello to All,

Fix has been uploaded just a few minutes ago. MSTS compatibility is not solved yet, but every other issue fixed, I think,

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    Hello to All,

Fix has been uploaded just a few minutes ago. MSTS compatibility is not solved yet, but every other issue fixed, I think,
    I may get jumped for this, but I think it should be asked. This update Oliver. Did you test it out? Give it a good kicking of the tires? I believe you said you're new to route building. At any rate, you don't want to go down the road of both DTG and NV3 who turn out stuff with many problems. The big difference IS you are addressing issues and fixing them. The other two vendors seldom do.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    7zip opens the first file and then they run in sequence from there. I was also looking for a zip file to start but it worked by just clicking on the .001 file.
    Yes, I thought I'd gone stupid because it wasn't going together correctly. .001 seems to be the only one you have to deal with.

"I may get jumped for this, but I think it should be asked. This update Oliver. Did you test it out? Give it a good kicking of the tires? I believe you said you're new to route building. At any rate, you don't want to go down the road of both DTG and NV3 who turn out stuff with many problems. The big difference IS you are addressing issues and fixing them. The other two vendors seldom do."

I agree,

I recently got on Peter's case a bit about this exact same thing. I hope he is open to listening and working with the community? I can't say the same for Goku who sadly seldom listens to the feedback of the community.

Robert

Not tested carefully enough. Anyway, my goal is to fix everything, except the MSTS compatibility. I can't install MSTS on this PC so I even can't test it. And I don't want it as well. I posted a statement in the other thread regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    I may get jumped for this, but I think it should be asked. This update Oliver. Did you test it out? Give it a good kicking of the tires? I believe you said you're new to route building. At any rate, you don't want to go down the road of both DTG and NV3 who turn out stuff with many problems. The big difference IS you are addressing issues and fixing them. The other two vendors seldom do.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    Not tested carefully enough. Anyway, my goal is to fix everything, except the MSTS compatibility. I can't install MSTS on this PC so I even can't test it. And I don't want it as well. I posted a statement in the other thread regarding this.
    Hi Oliver,

As a fellow FREEWARE guy who's been in the trenches a while - please - take a step back and relax - this is a FREEWARE project you made for your personal enjoyment - you chose to share your hard work with us and that's great - but it comes as is - there are no deadlines - there should be no pressure - critical feedback is great but you don't OWE any of us anything... This isn't PAYWARE and you are not a VENDOR so there is no comparison to DTG/NV3 - so please - everything is at your leisure, pace, and pleasure...

Nice work...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 02-20-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Oliver,

As a fellow FREEWARE guy who's been in the trenches a while - please - take a step back and relax - this is a FREEWARE project you made for your personal enjoyment - you chose to share your hard work with us and that's great - but it comes as is - there are no deadlines - there should be no pressure - critical feedback is great but you don't OWE any of us anything... This isn't PAYWARE and you are not a VENDOR so there is no comparison to DTG/NV3 - so please - everything is at your leisure, pace, and pleasure...

Nice work...

Regards,
    Scott
    WELL SAID Scott!
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Oliver,

Nice work...

Regards,
    Scott
    HERE , HERE SCOTT !!!

I can never understand when someone that stands behind their work with fixes or pulling the original files & users piss & moan. Give the man a chance. As we all see here he is addressing all the questions on the threads here & addressing the problems with fixes also. A lot here think Rome was built in a day. The route & item creators here have a life beyond the forum. I understand like most do on here it takes time & I do appreciate what they provide for the hobby on here. But when you start acting like Violet in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory with "I WANT IT NOW !!!" , it can be overbearing for them when they are trying to correct what is addressed.

I can understand why Peter put the statement on the other thread on the route:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...39#post1962939

Also I agree Scott with the comparison with DTG/NV3 also. Comparing Payware with a freeware creator & two other different sim platforms to boot makes no sense to me at all.

Well that is my 2-cents worth. Take it as you want.
    - Mark -

Thank You guys, that means me a lot.

Now it's time to review all level crossings, because it seems that when snapping is on in TSRE, the crossing signals are placed in a wrong way, and they either disappear or just not working after saving the route. I hated placing these signals: wig-wag is OK, it's just one object, but the Griswold made of 2 objects, and the RACO is from 4 or 5... all placed, moved and rotated correctly, it's a nightmare. So progress will be slow, but not stopped

Meanwhile I started placing roads in Spokane. Until now, I saved some time and not created unique objects, but some landmark buildings really have to be made, firstly the impresive Monroe st bridge. It's just too nice to leave it out.