Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MILWAUKEE ROAD Spokane Extension

Oliver, Route Riter would most likely be the weapon of choice by most of us. That might be why there is no other solutions being offered.

Nice screenshots of the Spokane area. This route is a real gem!

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    Well, as a lack of better idea, I'll use TGATool and try to automate the work with windows macro. We're speaking of nearly 3000 files, so it'll take time...
    Hi Oliver,

Do you have to go ACE to ACE - - - or will ACE to TGA work ?

The same guy who created TGA_Tool created another application called ConvImX - ConvImX has a "process entire directory" function built in and it will convert Compressed ACE to Uncompressed TGA... I've used it for years - I can send it your way if you want it...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    Well, as a lack of better idea, I'll use TGATool and try to automate the work with windows macro. We're speaking of nearly 3000 files, so it'll take time...
    Hi Oliver,

Option 2 - ACE to ACE - I created the simplest of bat files to uncompress and entire directory worth of ACE files - you need to edit the file yourself by right clicking on it and selecting edit after downloading - or create your own bat file and just copy the contents I post to it...

The first two lines in the beginning of the following - need to be CHANGED by you - to match the PATH where you have Aceit installed - and - the full directory PATH to the files you want processed... Don't mess with the quotes and make sure your slashes mimic what I have set...

I'm sure others could do it better - I'm a novice with bat...

Code:
    set "ace_exe="C:\Program Files (x86)\AceIt\aceit.exe""
    set "workpath="C:\Users\username\Desktop\Apps\Games\MSTS\My Work\CompressTest""

cd %workpath%
    for /r %%i in (*.ace) do %ace_exe% "%%i" "%%i" /q /u
    Be careful to backup your work first - as this overwrites all the files in the directory it is processing and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 02-07-2020 at 02:33 PM.

The file:
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's exactly what I need! I've found it already, and it works! Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Oliver,

Do you have to go ACE to ACE - - - or will ACE to TGA work ?

The same guy who created TGA_Tool created another application called ConvImX - ConvImX has a "process entire directory" function built in and it will convert Compressed ACE to Uncompressed TGA... I've used it for years - I can send it your way if you want it...

Regards,
    Scott

Now I managed to keep it under 2GB with 7-zip! There will be summer textures only although. I'll try to upload it in a few days, it'll be in 200MB pieces.

Hi Oliver,

Just keep in mind - each time you compress an ACE there is loss - so it’s not something you want to do repeatedly...

Happy to help...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I started to upload the files, but the part2 file was accidentally cancelled while uploading, and I cant upload it again... where can I report this, and ask for deleting the useless MILWIDD2_2.zip file?

UPDATE: the same problem with the MILWIDD2_3.zip. It has to be deleted and reuploaded. Poor me...

UPDATE2: I sent an email to Nels Anderson, I guess this is the solution
    Last edited by oliver2; 02-10-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Thank you for sharing your creation!
    Christopher

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to bringing this add-on to fruition.

Robert